Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Optilogic tilt compensated rangefinder

Central Iowa

Life Member
Has anyone used or been around Optilogic range finders? If so were the optics top quality? A friend and I were talking about these and thoght they sounded like a top end choice. They have a range finder that compensates for shooting from angles such as a tree stand, cliff, or embankment the line is called the Optilogic XT tilt compensated range finder here is what I found on a vendors ad.
mode 1: measures line-of-sight distance
mode 2: measures horizontal distance
The XT Series Tilt-Compensated Laser Rangefinder combines a pulsed laser rangefinder and a vertical angle sensor in a lightweight, easy-to-use package that is ideal for shooting applications that require precision distance measurements uphill or downhill. These hand-held rangefinders are capable of measuring line-of-sight distances to non-cooperative targets up to 800 yards away, depending on target size and reflectivity. Using an internal electronic tilt sensor, the Tilt-Compensated Laser Rangefinder is also capable of automatically correcting for vertical angle with 0.1 degree resolution to provide the true horizontal distance to an uphill or downhill target. True horizontal distance is especially important for any applications that require a projectile to be launched at an angle: for example, bow hunting and 3-D Archery, rifle hunting

A Laser Clinometer.
bigshock.gif

I may put this one in the legends forum right now...
grin.gif

The first ones we had in the shop came in about 3 years ago. They work just like the you said, they do compensate for the angle of the shot. The problem with them was the optics. The view finder was the size of a 35mm camera view finder and no magnification.

He's in Colorado skiing with his wife and kids. I'll bet he could use a "Tilt Compensator" about now.
grin.gif

That is, if he doesn't have his Clinometer with him.
shrug[1].gif
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He's in Colorado skiing with his wife and kids. I'll bet he could use a "Tilt Compensator" about now.
grin.gif
:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this something that happens when you hit the ripe old age of 30? EVERYTHING goes downhill on ya?

No Muddy.......30 is the age when it seems your always skiing uphill, only problem is that after you've been married for 10 years, the ski patrol isn't quite as willing to help you out anymore, and some of the runs are closed indefinately.
grin.gif

CRITR

Top Bottom