Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Orchard plots

StucknAz

What do you all do in and around your fruit orchards for food sources? Should I establish clover and yearly refresh with a frost seeding? I’ve got a good 30 trees in and don’t want to get near them with a tiller? Just curious what you all do for best results?

Clover is good but it will invite rabbits, etc. Just keep trees protected and keep it mowed low. Dutch white clover or any white really. Pretty easy to maintain. Only downside I see is the critters messing with trees. & also- protect trees super well as u are inviting more deer to close proximity with trees. Wide cages secured really well for example.
Last side note…. Keep tabs on voles. U will see holes & burrows. Million ways to kill those devils but do make sure u kill em (like container only they get in to eat a poison that doesn’t have secondary losses to other animals. There’s some pretty mild mouse poison out there). Or traps & contraptions where they go in and can’t get out.

Can’t afford a no till. Doing a big grafting project and have another 15 pear on order.

Are there any clover/s blends or brands you guys agree on or do yall use co op seed?

Top Bottom