Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Original Hawken Rifle

Shovelbuck

Here's one that breaks the mold. Most of us always picture a Hawken rifle as the heavy barreled, half stock rifles with steel furniture that were carried by the likes of Jim Bridger, Kit Carson, etc. But they did make other types as well. Here's a fine example that's in excellent condition in fullstock, smaller caliber and brass furniture.
Anybody want to buy it for me?:way:

http://www.rockislandauction.com/view_item.aspx?aid=50&iid=266744

There are no known flintlock Hawken's known to exist, although they were certainly in business before percussion was invented. This is what I would think an original flint would look like. It would be fun to build a copy of this one in flint. Hum...........I wonder if I could sneak this one in?;)

Last edited:
shovelbuck, I tell ya, that is a beautiful weapon there. As for buying you one, Ill make you a deal. If my bow building skills develop to the extent that I am a world renowned bowyer, Ill buy you one of those :)

If I have any overtime money left over from my 3 weeks down here outside of Mobile, AL working on oil spill stuff, I'll try and get you one. :way:

Top Bottom