Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Our brave young men and women..

ReinertsonTaxidermy

First off, I am in NO way looking for pats on the back for this post. Nothing to do with me. This is more of a suggestion to you that may be lucky enough to travel.

My wife and I were at the Atlanta airport today heading home to Cedar Rapids. They called us up and bumped us up to first class. My wife was ecstatic! Right about then 2 young Marine PFCs in their dress uniforms came into the waiting area sporting their 1 ribbon and shiny marksman medals. They were maybe 18-19 years old going home for the first time since basic training. We talked it over for about 2 seconds and went back to the desk and gave them our first class seats. They didn't even know we did it, but the smiles on their faces were priceless. So my wife and I flew home in separate seats back in coach next to the 2 fattest people on the plane and loved every minute.

So, if you get the chance, throw our young men and women who protect us a little something if you can.

Good for you! Its little things like that that they will always remember, even though they have no idea you did that for them. Its been 21 years since I took the flight home from basic and I can still remember that trip like it happened yesterday.

That was very nice of you and your wife. I stopped at a Casey's in northern Iowa a couple years back to get a pop after a golf outing for the ride home. Guy in fatigues at the counter had several of those kids toys Casey's sell and a couple bottle of orange drink. I told the cashier to put them on my bill. He was very thank full and waited outside until I came out. We talked for a couple minutes and he told me he was shipping out the next day so he stopped to grab a couple things for his kids to surprise them with that night. That hit me kinda hard, shook his hand and wished him the best and told him thank you for all you do for us.

You're a standup guy, breiner11! Nice to know there are still good people out there who have their priorities in place.

Love hearing stories like this. Doing something nice for people like that is so much fun. Good for you

I have been in those young men's shoes, and you will never know how much that made their trip home. I am now a instructor training these our warrior's. I work at Camp Dodge, and Karl Chevrolet for about a month would put a couple people in the Casey's store outside the gate and anyone in uniform had whatever they getting paid for unknown. Gas, pop, even seen a guy with 10 breakfast pizza'a for his unit walk up and to his surprise they were paid for. Thanks again for giving up those seats!

Top Bottom