Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Out of the Bush

Thanks everyone!

The cool thing about this buck is I have photos of his bloodline from 10 years ago! Great, great grandfather if you will, he was spectacular.

Getting a buck at night wears me out, I can't get good pics until morning, I hate that part and by morning he is stiff, out of his habitat, etc. Also, I get him to the locker and I have to get back to work. That was my morning today.Even though I started this website I can't remember or actually don't take the time to form my own gallery, to post pics.

I am funny about pictures of harvested deer, angle, light, no blood and natural habitat all mean a lot to me. I have a couple of other angles but mostly like this pose, sorry. I will post on my website sometime this weekend.

I must say, I have slowly worked my way back home to Iowa Whitetail, no better website or in my case "app" out there. It's been great, I missed the dialog along the way and it's so fun to see some of the original members posting. I get a kick out of the "hard time" casual posters like me get, 6 x 6 warned me but it's all in good fun.

Finally, I wish everyone great hunts this fall, be safe and remember all whitetails are trophies, the experience with a stick and string is second to none. I will figure this picture posting thing out and show my bucks off that I am following and that's if they stand still long enough and pose for a picture.

Awesome buck! I have sheds from 10+ years ago that you could swear belong to some of the deer we currently have in the wall and on camera. Its amazing how long certain genetic traits stay in an area.
Congrats again on a great buck

Awesome, awesome buck. I would not have hesitated one bit in ending my season on him, although it would be a little bittersweet. I'm thinking I'd get over it tho! haha. Congrats!

I'm not judging you either for a 50 yd + shot. I wish I could have done that last year, as I would have had the one I was after!

Last edited:
Great story! Loved it! And an even better buck...massive beyond belief with 5 brow tines. Giesh! :way:

Congrats on a great harvest...and clean ta boot!

Tony, congrats on a great buck! He has an awesome frame and love the semi-palmated beams. He looks like he was a true warrior in the woods!

Haha, 13,000 plus post, jeez Muddy! Thanks bud!!

He will work this year Skylar, be down your way soon. Need to keep scouting! Thanks!

Incredible mass... congrats man. And thanks for having the vision to start this site many harvest moons ago.

Thanks again, and yes that was many moons ago! Kudos goes out to you guys keeping it going!

Also, the thing I am so impressed about is how you guys come together when a fellow member needs you. We always have to remember the sick and those suffering!

First lights coming soon this morning, you guys/gals still hunting hard are lucky, best time of the day, best time of the year!

So, enough on this old buck, someone else's turn to take a good one! Thanks goes out to my mentor Big Ern who took the time to show me how to pick up a stick and a string, and go get lost in the woods chasing the majestic Iowa Whitetail.

UUUGHHHH,..I love mass, and he's got a pile of it.

What a terrific deer. You may not have wanted to be done this early, but I'd say he was worth it. Beautiful buck. Congratulations.

Great harvest man! anyone who thought the need to post negative comments and say things about the time, the time is different in parts of the state and we all have accounts to enjoy and congratulate people, not be negative! Things are starting to pick up here in iowa, everyone have a safe and successful rest of the season!

Skip past any negative comments and obviously simply ignore if there was some (I didn't read what was previously posted). Well done, that's a brute, congrats on him!

Top Bottom