Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics review- 2 hunts, 26 deer

What I would like to see is Todd hunt with Skip for an evening. Set up the thing properly, video it and hunt how Skip has been in a spot where he will have deer come down wind. If you have that on vidoe and get Skips approval, I am thinking you would have a seller. Just a thought.

What I would like to see is Todd hunt with Skip for an evening. Set up the thing properly, video it and hunt how Skip has been in a spot where he will have deer come down wind. If you have that on vidoe and get Skips approval, I am thinking you would have a seller. Just a thought.

That's not a bad idea.

Great idea Mike! A video would be perfect and another thing for Todd to sell:way:

I am 100% game for Todd coming out. Todd & I are internet friends here and I like Todd, my "review" has nothing to do with Todd of course. I did use the thing EXACTLY as directed and had a buddy show me how (the same who talked me into using it) & followed directions "perfectly" as I understood the directions. I am going to bring out my camcorder and film. If I'm wrong and the thing works perfect, I sure will say it. I have ZERO, I mean ZERO motivation to say one way or another (that is NOT a dig at Todd) what my experience brings as far as results. There's about 12 different types of products I have great success and think HELP me that I'm also completely unbiased about- like some sprays, clothing wash, shower soaps, etc. I do think they help. I also did PAY for this product. OF COURSE I did not BUY the product so I could bash it. I am making an HONEST effort to see if it really works and I will admit- I considered the "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" that was promoted so profoundly. I did figure "hey, they're offering a money back guarantee if it doesn't work- I'll just send it back if it in fact, doesn't work". I will also admit, I've been on the website looking at what the refund procedures are & I have my receipt organized BUT I will not jump the gun yet.

Now, here's why there won't be a long back & fourth here... This isn't my OPINION on this topic- this is my EXPERIENCE. I am simply saying w/my 1st post.... This is how I did it, this is what I did, this was my procedure & circumstance & here were my results- XYZ... I am VERY VERY confident I set the unit up correctly. I am very open to hear a paragraph from Todd to direct me 100% correctly to making sure the unit is set up right. I am actually REQUESTING Todd write a paragraph, in detail, how to set up properly, just in case. I am NOT saying I'm 100% perfect on anything I do BUT I'm VERY confident I used the unit correctly.
The only area of CONCERN I honestly have.... Using many other methods to help reduce scent, cover or whatever, I usually get by with several deer downwind of me and not getting busted. What CONCERNED me with this unit is EVERY SINGLE DEER BUSTED ME, NOT ONE EXCEPTION. I am a little concerned it could possibly be making it WORSE based on my limited experience BUT I'm not claiming to have solid proof of that, just a genuine concern on my observations and experiences (these 2 days & 26 deer VS all my other 18 years of hunting- trial & error with many products/conditions).

SO- bottom line, I'm simply basing this off of my personal experience. If I'm doing something wrong, I absolutely want to know AND that's just FAIR that I use this right, OF COURSE. I would be absolutely cool with someone coming to hunt with me. I will bring my camcorder out and video some future experience. Doing my best to state my claims based on my experience, without opinion and just report back facts of what happened in my case. Best of luck out there!

*If it made ANY sense, I'd be willing to travel somewhere else to hunt this next week or week after to film the product in action. I sincerely want to give it a fair shake with unbiased evidence in hand.

Last edited:
Wind is a lot like a river in it is going in all directions but is general flowing in a certain direction. I think most people who think their scent control is working are not reading what is actually going on with the wind and air pressure. I see smoke from my chimney going up one day and another day heading for the ground. One way to test is to turn off your ozonics or by pass whatever scent control in use when you have had deer downwind several minutes and see if they smell you. I bet most of the time they will not.

I always thought(AND STILL DO!) the best a cover up scent can do for you is make'em think you are not there RIGHT NOW!!!:way: I have heard enuff on how Ozonics work to smile and pass on it!!

I had a big doe and fawns dead down wind of me. U was eating pork cracklins and drinking gatorade. I had no scent elimination stuff on what so ever. They never winded me.

arrow flinger

Skip and Todd

Haha that's exactly what I was thinking. Between Skip and Todd, this could go on for months. :grin:

This is just an observation but both Skip and Todd have go to be two of the most active and advanced young hunters anywhere. I read a lot of articles/threads on sites.... I publish some articles myself, and to be honest, it amazes me how advanced and knowledgeable that you guys are on habitat/hunting property/product/video or whatever....if anyone should get together and study deer and/or hunting products it is you guys:way:

This is just an observation but both Skip and Todd have go to be two of the most active and advanced young hunters anywhere. I read a lot of articles/threads on sites.... I publish some articles myself, and to be honest, it amazes me how advanced and knowledgeable that you guys are on habitat/hunting property/product/video or whatever....if anyone should get together and study deer and/or hunting products it is you guys:way:

I was kind of thinking the same thing, makes it fun to read their long posts.

One thing is for-sure, we could video tape a-lot of different encounters, but the non-believers would still be non-believers until they hear it works from someone close enough that they could trust. In most cases, this still doesn’t work. It takes an actual encounter and seeing it first-hand with a unit.

Sligh1 – you have the HR-200?

We set-up last week in a spot where the wind was blowing straight across a cut bean field. The wind was strong, 10-12 solid with 15 mph gusts. I set-up with the wind in this direction hoping it would push a big buck I’m hunting out of his bed and into the adjacent corn field during daylight. I set up with it allowing for the buck to have the wind in his favor, which is how I could have killed this buck in this set-up.

He never showed, but we had a 2-1/2 and a 1-1/2 year old buck come straight downwind of us. The 2-1/2 fed for a while, sniffed the air several times, knowing he was smelling something. He continued to feed and walk around hitting our scent stream several times. All on video, and turned and walked away. Tail flicking, not spooked, walked away, in the direction he was heading when we first saw him.

The 1-1/2 year old buck came right to us, passing our stand at 20 yards. He was more interested in finding does than what that weird smell was he encountered. All again on video with wind-checkers in the trees between us as they got snagged as they floated through a dead tree.

When a whitetail lifts it nose and sniffs the air over and over again (as we have shown in the video’s over and over), they are smelling something. It’s not brain surgery, they smell “something”. The reactions we get vary from curiosity (deer walking straight to our tree), to cautiousness, sometimes they walk away, but we don’t get tails up running away stuff like when you get winded. No snorting anymore.

Not sure what we are doing, and all the other guys I have personally introduced to Ozonic’s are doing that are working. I just talked to another industry friend yesterday I got to try them. He said they worked for him as well. We’re not lying, all we’re doing is telling your our experiences. Again, we have shown the videos of deer reacting and wind checkers. What do you think these deer are smelling when they life their noses, you see floaters in the air, they are looking directly at us; and they walk away. How are we doing it then? These deer don’t react like they just smelled a human. Do you think we are just lying? The deer’s reactions are the proof they are smelling something. If they don’t react like a deer that is smelling a human, it’s doing something to change they’re reaction. This is the reason I’m promoting this product, because it works like a charm consistently for us.

Are there any other new users of Ozonic’s to share their opinion?

There's a big difference between a 1.5 year olds nose and a mature doe or bucks nose. Show me a 5+ year old for or buck down wind of you in a high pressure area and see what happens.

O00000HHHHHHH here we go again ........ at least we're off the does post:rolleyes:

Mobile Cooter on IW

Todd, I get what you are saying..obviously we know a deer is going to smell something... the thing is, he gave HIS RESULTS. Thats what it is...I would be willing to be he set it up right, and everything is the same as when you set it up...Its just showing that it doesnt work all the time maybe...I dont think any of us are sitting here saying you are lieing, but its nice to hear his UNBIASED RESULTS... Like I said earlier somewhere, I had a ton of deer downwind of me the other night, mature bucks, does, everything, and wasnt winded at all. And I dont and wont have an ozonics machine...but again, its nice to hear his opinion, and a little disappointing to see you say, he must have set it up wrong...maybe it just doesnt work all the time like one would hope...idk, enough of this topic, and does, and all of that...its deer season boys and girls, lets keep knocking em down! :way:

Antler freak, we already showed 4-1/2 and 5-1/2 year old deer in our promotional video that are downwind dude! Barry Sanders was 4-1/2 years old, had him straight down wind at 15 yards, he walked away, came back through, and its all on video. My buddy Dallas had a 5-1/2 year old buck come straight to him on video, again in the promotional video. We have had a hundred mature does down-wind, no snorts.

It's not just immature deer that we have seen success with. It's just that the number of down-wind encounters with big mature bucks are rare. We don't have the luxery of hunting a ton of private ground that no-one else is allowed to hunt. So, I wish we had 100 encounters a year with big old mature bucks. In the meantime, I guess old does will have to do, but you won't believe what I say regardless of the age of animals. As I have pointed out, we have video documentation of mature deer (does and bucks alike), and you don't believe them so no amount of documentation will be acceptable to many of you. That's your loss IMO.

Some of you have this misconception that I have all this money and ground. I have bowhunters on every-single-piece of ground all-around me. I pulled into one of my farms last weekend and there were 5 truck loads of dudes there for the early muzzleloader season. All these deer we film are on pressured ground. I can't even call on my own farm because I have bowhunters ALL AROUND me who call like it's an infomercial. Don't tell me we're hunting "unpressured" ground. It's an insult to work as hard as I do, and be thrown under the bus of all these "pros" who have TON'S of killer ground to hunt. If that were the case, I can assure you, I'd be killing a-lot bigger bucks! Eating 3 Iowa buck tags last year (while passing 4 bucks over 150" because I wanted to kill a 5-1/2 year old deer), should tell you that I'm not your typical industry guy looking to make as much $$$$ as possible.

Last edited:
I'm not throwing you under the buss, I was just referring to your earlier post when you compared a couple immature bucks down wind to the many mature does sligh1 had down wind. I don't care either way, I will never use one based on the fact that the day I have to lug in a contraption into the field to kill an animal is probably the same day I just start hunting high fence farms. But that is another topic all together. I can see using it as a tool for someone making a career out of hunting, with time and limited opportunity to get the money shot. Or even on a trip out west when you only have a few days to pull it all together when spending a lot of money to be there. But as a resident in Iowa and 3 months to get the job done I would feel better about my kill knowing I out started him not a magical box. As far as it actually working or not, I believe you, although nothing is 100%.
Good luck

Top Bottom