Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had one of these right now to put it to the ultimate test. Just found out my garage freezer took a dump on me and I had some deer and turkey in there. I think I am scarred for life!! And I thought changing a baby diaper was bad.........

People have been spending BILLIONS on scent elimination and they aren't upset that they still get busted (well, except for the one guy on this forum who doesn't get busted with his carbon suit)
Just for the record Todd...I ended my comment about the scent-lok suit with a Roll eyes, sarcastic :rolleyes:. I own no carbon suit! You may have missed that as you were in the thick of the sale.

Liv4Rut said:
I wish I had one of these right now to put it to the ultimate test. Just found out my garage freezer took a dump on me and I had some deer and turkey in there. I think I am scarred for life!! And I thought changing a baby diaper was bad.........

I've got a better ultimate test. This Friday I'll have three police K9s that would be willing to search for a guy using one of these things. Would you have enough faith in it to hide without a sleeve or a suit?

I'm not for or against this thing, but I have been entertained reading this thread for sure.

I've got a better ultimate test. This Friday I'll have three police K9s that would be willing to search for a guy using one of these things. Would you have enough faith in it to hide without a sleeve or a suit?

I'm not for or against this thing, but I have been entertained reading this thread for sure.

Not pushing the use of Ozonics here...... But if you read the tests they have conducted with the machine, this is one of them. Police dogs were used along with other methods. Thats all I will say, as you can read their website along with doing some searches on the machine.

I have 32 team members that have used them with great results (except for Limbchicken because of the previously disclosed battery issue/ only using 1 unit for 2 guys). So as per your request, I've sent them out an email to discuss their experiences as well on this forum. Beyond them, I can't control the crowd man, not too many people are using them accept for a few of us who actually gave them a shot. They're just hard core hunters like myself, so don't assume they have any reason to lie. They aren't getting paid by Ozonic's to use their product.

Have I changed the way I hunt since I started using Ozonic's? No, not really. I still hunt the wind as generally all my stands are set in a way that I can try to have the edge on wind while giving the animals what they believe is the wind in their favor. Most mature bucks won't move much during daylight without the wind, or part of the wind in their favor.

The biggest advantage I have found when using ozonic's is when winds aren't cooperating. One of my best spots is surrounded by a creek on 2 sides, and by a giant ridge on the other 2 sides. It causes the worst freaking winds in the world. It will be very typically blowing 180 degree's off what it's "supposed" to be doing. When I walk into an area and have just put a scent trail into that spot, climbed into position, and haven't blown the neighborhood; I'm not going to climb down if the wind isn't doing exactly what I thought. Most of my spots I can't really call exactly where a buck is going to be coming from anyway, so it's nice to have a back-up. That's how I hunt with Ozonic's, use it as a back up to help control my scent when I can't.

dedgeez said:
Not pushing the use of Ozonics here...... But if you read the tests they have conducted with the machine, this is one of them. Police dogs were used along with other methods. Thats all I will say, as you can read their website along with doing some searches on the machine.

After your post I looked at the site and think I saw the article on the explosive dogs. Obviously it didn't say what testing they did, but my guess is they were destroying odor on an object. The thing I suggested was to hide a person in the woods, let a dog loose, and see if they found them. Bomb dogs don't look for human odor, they search for explosive accelerants. Maybe there's more on the web with actual patrol trained dogs, I don't know, but if someone has one and would want to try it out for fun get a hold of me. Id be interested to see how it goes.

Again, I am not for or against these things.

Last edited:
The dogs would track the humans straight to the tree by their ground scent I can assure you. Ozonic's is for air-born scent, not ground scent.

We'll here's my 2 pennies. When I first heard of Ozonics I thought it was a gimmick product just like Sent-Lok or the 99% sprays everyone uses. That is until I borrowed one to take into the stand with me. The first night, no big deal, had some does and young bucks come from behind me they caught something in the air but did not have the standard reaction, no blowing, but their attention level went up. They almost seemed interested in the smell and I had a young buck come directly to the tree. Oh well, still not convinced it was just another thing to carry in the tree and set up.

A couple days later sat in the same stand and the wind changed on me while in the tree early in the hunt, I was tired and lazy so I didn't move. Long story short, coming right at me down the trail he had total wind advantage, a 4-5 year old buck just crusin the ridge. He caught the scent of the Ozonics, not spooked, no tail, no stomping, no blowing. I had never seen anything like that, that was the day I became a believer.

That's all I got to say bout that. And, to try it out, there is actual science to back it up.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
WKP - Todd said:
The dogs would track the humans straight to the tree by their ground scent I can assure you. Ozonic's is for air-born scent, not ground scent.

I thought of that. We could have the person go in from the upwind side and turn the dogs from the downwind. Get the person far enough in that the dog would be more likely to hit the scent cone- if there is one- than the track. On an area search like that the dogs will go head up and use the wind primarily. It wouldn't be hard for the person hiding to know whether they were air scented or tracked.

Last edited:
I have no opinion one way or the other with this thing, but it seems to me that it doesn't matter who comes on here to promote it, you guys won't accept thier response. It seems like ya'll already have your minds made up that it doesn't work, so what's it matter?

I appreciate the K-9 ideas. I'm not sure a K-9 wouldn't act the same way a doe acts however. Meaning, it would be curious about the "ozone" and come straight to the tree. There is no doubt, they smell something, but it changes the association from "human" which results in "danger". They smell "Ozone" and the result is different each time depending on the deer. I've already covered this, but deer are no different than dogs. It's all about association.

If your not using one your just passing up extra opportunities to kill a buck of your dreams!!PERIOD!!!!!!

You cannot be serious. The longer I stay involved in internet forums the more apparent it is that I can no longer keep up with what is involved in killing whitetailed deer or in the discussion of the "hobby" in general.

It can work wonders and make it a 100% gimme for all I know, I am just blown away that it was ever considered really and that it is seen as a "must" by anyone. You guys have gone bonkers. LOL

If this works as good as stated it has to be the most "unfair" tactic going doesn't it?

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to add. We don't need a K-9 to prove they work on deer. Anyone who has already used one can already do that. We also have the proof captured on camera with milk weeds floating directly into a deer sniffing the air, looking up at us, and coming to the tree. After investigating, they walk away. We have about 50 of these on-video. Some people just think we're using trickery or something on-camera i guess. Kinda hard to fake a deer smelling the air and looking directly at the camera, then walking away flicking it's tale that everything's alright. You tell me how we're doing it?

I already told that particular team member that the "kill the buck of your dreams" statement was stupid. Scent elimination is a seperate topic compared to "killing the buck of your dreams". Hunting on a farm where "the buck of your dreams" lives is what puts you in-position of killing "the buck of your dreams". Please don't hold that statement against what we're trying to do here, which is to inform.

Statements like that drive me crazy too! I work my butt off doing everything I can to put myself in-position on big deer. Ozonic's is just one of the tools in our toolbox. A very important tool for me! "There is no one secret to killing big deer other than being on a good farm at the right place at the right time - PERIOD".....

Last edited:
I have no opinion one way or the other with this thing, but it seems to me that it doesn't matter who comes on here to promote it, you guys won't accept thier response. It seems like ya'll already have your minds made up that it doesn't work, so what's it matter?

No I would like to see some input from some one that isnt on the payroll or given them for free or however that works.

Not saying Todd and his crew is lying just wanting some more info from other every day hunters.

I to would love to see the K-9 test.

Todd talk to your connections and make that happen. Get video of it with and without the ozonics. If it can beat the dog on video what a promotion that would be.

If it can beat a human tracking K-9 I'd buy one.

I've been reading all the threads on here about Ozonics and have been pretty hesitant to pipe up because the debate seems to be pretty intense and I'm one usually to avoid debating. That being said I thought I would finally speak up since I'm one of the guys that isn't on Todd's team or affiliated in anyway. I work for a outdoor retailer and was able to get a good deal on the HR200 so I thought I would give it a try. I had some experience with ozone machines before because I use to detail cars for a dealership. We would use an ozone machine when we took trades in that were smokers cars. We'd let the machine run for 24 hours or so with the windows cracked and the effect it had was pretty crazy. After using the machine the car would smell kind of like electricity or the smell you smell after a big storm. A few days later the car wouldn't smell much at all. You might be able to smell a little cigarette smell, but it was 100x better then when we brought it in. When I heard and read about these units for hunting I thought I'd give it a shot and see how it worked. This past year I used it pretty regularly on my suit in a closed before packing it up in a air tight Big Zip Lock bag and also on the stand. I did have instances where deer were down wind and they would smell the ozone when down wind of me, but they never spooked. They definitely smelled the Ozone, but it didn't seem to scare them. I didn't have any 5-6+ yr old bucks down wind of me so I don't know if it would have the same affect on a Big mature buck, but it seemed to work in scenarios I did encounter. I'll use the machine again this year and see how it works. I need to be put in some more downwind situations to be totally sold on it, but so far I think its working. In most guys shoes would I spend full retail on it...probably not. I have a family to provide for and to be honest other hunting gear that I could use more. The fact that I got a good deal and have had positive results thus far I'm not regretting buying it.

Last edited:
Okay...full disclosure here. I am on Todd's Team. I used to wear Scent Blocker, and Scent Lok; stored my clothes in air-tight containers (I still do this). I also used to wear one set of clothes in the car an then change into my "hunting gear". All the mean while I would also be spraying down with the latest scent spray to the point that I was almost wet. I also used special toothpaste, mouth spray and hunting gum. I was scent-crazy to the max and of course always hunted the wind. The turning point for me was when I had a really nice (140ish) buck give me the old sneaky wrap-around and completely busted me. That was when I realized that absolutely nothing I did made a difference in the success rate of my hunt (other than playing the wind).
This past year I filmed with Dan and Nick for 18 days and can honestly say that the Ozonics did make a difference. I was filming during the shot of the nice 140 class buck is directly downwind of us and just sniffs the air and doesn't go bounding off snorting and blowing. That is what really made me a believer. I can also say that this year I was the sloppiest with my scent control that I have ever been. there were times when I wouldn't wash my clothes for 4-5 days. Some things that I did do was use scent-free body wash, scent-free deodorant (not hunting specific) and of course, when I did wash my clothes I used one of the scent-free detergent. Todd's right, baking soda is great but it can be kind of rough on my sensitive skin. One other thing we did was put our clothes in a smaller room with an Ozonics unit left on.
As far as the expense of the unit goes....for the price of one complete scent blocker suit (jacket, pants, gloves, hat and face mask) you can have an Ozonics unit that will outlast the poorly made suits.
In closing, I believe that everyone has their own special cocktail of suits, sprays, washes, acorn crunchers, Ozonics, etc...and will continue to use what works for them. Then there is another subset of hunters that understand the concept of Ozonics, will try it and see it making a difference in the overall success of there hunts. Hunting is like gambling...the house will always win but there are things we can do to put the odds in our favor.
By-the-way, some very popular pros have been using Ozonics for a while now but haven't been saying anything because they've been "hunting 360". Look at some of their older videos and you will notice a camouflage bag or black box hanging above their heads.; that's not camera equipment.
If you don't like the Ozonics, return it. What do you have to lose?
I just thought I would speak my piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom