Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics

StucknAz

Hey, im sure its been asked but here it goes. I only get 6 days to hunt for my vacation. Anyone see good results with Ozonics? I hunt coues deer so id be able to use out west.

I hunt wind as is and my set ups are wind based, just looking for a extra edge of possible.

If you hunt with wind setups which you should then I see no reason ozonics would give an extra advantage plus you could spend the cash on something that you really could use!
Just my 2 cents and good luck on hunting them elusive Coues deer

I have lots of buddies that believe they work …. Like legit - big time.
Me…. I dunno. I used it a while ago. I personally didn’t think it did much. Buddies said “u set it up wrong”. That’s how much they believe in it.
I don’t bring it out. I hunt wind like I’ve done for 30 years now. I can shoot “several” mature bucks every single season. If it helps - I guess my feeling is: I still dont need it. One less thing to pack & one less little headache to hang up while I get in a stand. When I’m after a “target buck” this year- I won’t use one. That’s just me. I can say, plenty of others that feel it works and legit. & they very well could be right….

I used one- hated the extra crap. Tell me this- if it puts it out in the air, how good can it really be?
My Bro in Law swears by it, but he usually is in a blind so take it for what that’s worth

One day last fall I had a doe walk past my tree and turn downwind into my Ozonics stream. I was familiar with this particular doe and she was known to be freaky cautious. Had she smelled me (human), I believe 100% she would have snorted and turned on the jets. Instead she seemed to notice the strange/different odor and came right up to me on VERY high alert. When she got directly under my stand she finally made out my shape (ghillie suit) and the jig was up. I was honestly disappointed by the experience.
I do think that Ozonics can be helpful for my gear/clothes/boots when placed in totes or used in my truck to clear out foreign odors but I will not take it into a tree stand situation again.

Last edited:
Good points on here, I had a unit about 6 years ago, it got wet internally and it was fried. I only got to use it for 5 or so hunts, lesson learned on getting it wet. Was an expensive lesson. I recall having a smaller buck hit the stream, he acted like he was concerned but moved on without losing his mind.

I'm interested because the locations I hunt in Arizona are heavily interrupted by migrant foot traffic making the coues who are already cagey that much more cracked out.

Anyone on here that swears by them? With only getting to hunt Ohio 5 or 6 days a year I am okay with adding if it gives me an edge.

I never hunt without it. I killed my target buck back in 2019 after he came from a completely wrong direction. Walked right through my scent stream, stopped in his tracks, took two steps backwards, then decided it was ok to walk into the plot. It DOES work. BUT it is not an invisibility cloak like the commercials would like you to believe.
Some deer dont care about it all, they will sit there in the scent cone getting blasted with it and not have a worry. Other deer will get a little weird over it but eventually calm down. And some deer will freak the heck out. BUT they do not typically blow like they would if they smelled you, they just get weirded out by the foreign scent.
There is also a right a wrong way to use it. It will not work great in high winds at all. In a blind its nearly unfair for the deer because it does work so good in a contained area. The best time you use it in a tree is when you have a sustained wind between 5-10 mph.

You must have realistic expectations with it. Does it work YES, will you be able to fool every deer NO. Do you still need to hunt the wind, OF COURSE. Using basic scent control is important as well, but using an Ozonics unit correctly might just help you fool the deer your after.

Not an invisibility cloak. I try to set up stands & access where little to no deer can catch my wind. Most guys here do. I still run one just at the off chance an old doe or something goes where you hoped they wouldn't. Even if she gets squirrely but it stops her from blowing, its worth it to me. I've seen this a few times now. It truly doesn't hurt and takes up very little room in your pack.

I have multiple friends that I respect as bowhunters that swear by it. In Michigan too. Never personally known anyone who does NOT think it works to some degree. So far - I think it helps distort your smell some.

Pro Tip: If you hunt any hedgerows or hard wood trees a lot, bring a nice sharp Ameristep screw in step from walmart or something comparable to make a pilot hole for the unit mount. It works fine on most trees, but I've had hedgeapple trees and oaks dull the tip of the stock one pretty quickly. The screw in step doubles as another hanger for gear etc. too if you forgot one.

Top Bottom