Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

P&Y and the Deer Classic Question

cybball

I took in my first P&Y buck from this past season to the classic. There really wasn't much information provided as to how the whole thing worked. Does the official scorer at the classic send in my paperwork to P&Y? Do I need to do this? If so, what does P&Y need from me? When I picked up the mount, all they gave me was the little info tag that they hang up with every mount on the wall (name, score, county). I didn't get anything official and was curious if P&Y was notified. As of now, I don't really have any record of my buck being scored other than the little tag.

Thanks,
Jason

You can receive a copy of your score card by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to:

Duane Baumler
1127 Ferris Mill Rd
Decorah, IA 52101

You must note: The name of the hunter, what type of weapon was used to harvest the deer, and the year or date of harvest.

I am fairly certain they will enter your deer if it is big enough. Hope this helps

I think you have to enter you animal on your own.You will need to fill out a P&Y Fair Chase Affidavit,send an Associate membership Application, 3 pictures of the deer/rack (front view and one view from both sides)The membership fee is $15 and the registration fee is $25.When I had mine scored I recieved all the paperwork to fill out from the scorer.I just had to fill it out and sent it with pics and a check.

If it's like Boone & Crockett for gun and muzit's up to the certified scorer will send in the paperwork if you request them to. You'll need to contact your scorer, send them the entry fee and have them mail in the score sheet. They may also need photos of the trophy to accompany the entry (or at least B&C does).

I think you have to enter you animal on your own.You will need to fill out a P&Y Fair Chase Affidavit,send an Associate membership Application, 3 pictures of the deer/rack (front view and one view from both sides)The membership fee is $15 and the registration fee is $25.When I had mine scored I recieved all the paperwork to fill out from the scorer.I just had to fill it out and sent it with pics and a check.

I hope this doesn't come off as too negative, but I'd never have a rack scored at the Classic. First, I don't want to drag a rack through that crowd, second, it's a madhouse and the scorers are pressed for time. Even pressed for time, I would bet that they do a good job of scoring, but still, you obviously walked away with questions that should/could have been answered by the scorer. It's fairly easy to find a P&Y scorer in your area. I hope things work out for you.

I know. I realized it was a nut house, but thought a good chance to have it scored. Hell, I don't know who the scorer was. No clue. Dropped it off and a couple hours later it was hanging on the wall with a number on it. Nothing more. No scorer info, not a thing. It's my first P&Y, which is the only reason I did it. Otherwise I didn't really care, as I like the deer, but thought it would be fun to do. Without a scorer name, should I just wait to see if anything shows up in the mail? The info from the classic said they would turn in record deer into the DNR big buck list, but it didn't say P&Y. I have some friends that are in the P&Y book. I'll ask them what they had to do.

A couple years ago when I took a pope and young, they ended up sending me the score sheet, and in it had all of the stuff needed to send it in. So I would hold off a little while, and see if you get something perhaps.

Cybball...If you PM me with your name and address I can mail you everything you will need to get your buck in P&Y.All you will need to do is fill out the fair chase affidavit and the associate membership application and send it with 3 pic and your check.I assume you got a score sheet?If not..I doubt the scorer will mail you anything.They probably scored hundreds of deer and I don't think they are going to foot the bill for postage for all of them.If you didn't get a score sheet I would suggest getting it rescored by a local official scorer.By contacting the game warden in your area you can get the names of any in your area.It is free to have racks scored so it might be your best bet.I have had 6 racks scored in the last 4 years and everytime I recieved a score sheet and everthing else I needed to enter in the book.I never took one to the Deer Classic though so I may be all wet.Let me know if you need help.

Cybball, I measure for B+C and P+Y, if you send me your name and address, I'll see if I can hook you up with the measurer. If your deer is mounted check the back of the mount as we put the final score on the back and usually who measured it.

Allamakee Grand Slam

aka Loren D. Miller

Wow, didn't realize that you put info on the back. I'll check it. No, they never gave me a score sheet. A buddy of mine told me to wait a few weeks to see if they mail me something. If not, not the end of the world. I'll just get it scored again. I have the card they display it with, but no score sheet.
I'll send PM's in a few weeks after seeing if I get anything or not. Just wish I knew, as that was the whole reason for taking it down there. He's not a monster, but I will say my taxidermist did a super job. Especially seeing some of the mounts down there. Wow.

AGS, Good call. They scorer put his card on the back of my mount. Never saw that when bringing it home and hanging it up.
Thanks. I'll just call him and see if he can get me my sheet.

Thanks again.
Jason

Top Bottom