Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Packing a Lone Wolf with sticks

huntdoc

I bought a hang-on and five sticks at end of last season. Can someone show me some pics of how you pack the sticks on the stand? I haven't gotten it right yet and figured this is the place for help.

Great site, love all the info.

Once the gallery is back up and running, several folks will chime in and show you their setups.

I'd like to see some pics of different set ups as well

I don't have a pic for you, but I use a similar let set. I have four climbing sticks. I stack them together in pairs and lay them on their side (2 on each side of the seat post, then strap eventhign down with quck-release nylon straps. Then the stand and sticks get strapped onto my Badlands 2200 backpack. By laying the sticks on their side, it keeps evening fairly flat. I think it would work well with five sticks: 3 on one side and two on the other. I'll take a digital pic tonight of what I'm talking about.

I welded a bracket for mine. This is the first season I have used it but I am liking it much better than just using a strap. You get absolutely no noise.
786LW_005-med.jpg

786LW_001-med.jpg

Fred, I'll take one.....I think I have some Montec practice heads for payment.
blush.gif

Very clever and good thinking. The little things are what will pay dividends in the end. Smack a big one!!!n

[ QUOTE ]
Fred, I'll take one.....I think I have some Montec practice heads for payment.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rudd if you have the straps you can do the same thing with one of them. All you have to do is loop it around through the stand over the sticks and hook both ends on the top of the top stick then pull it tight. I'll just take a sticker for my truck.
grin.gif
Also I bought a couple cheap neoprene gun slings to use for carrying straps and they work great.

I use the strap with the J-hook that is used to hang the stand. I loop it through the base of the stand and around the stack of steps and cinch it down. Works for me.

That's good Brillo, I figured you'd make a chrome model. I'll make you that rainbow sticker you've been wanting.
grin.gif

Here are the pics I promised:

Top view with pairs of stick strapped down on either side of seat post:
3300LW1-med.JPG

Side view showing low profile of the whole assemblege:
3300LW2-med.jpg

View of the stand and sticks strapped to the Badlands 2200 pack and ready to go:
3300LW3-med.JPG

That's the I do it. It's different than most, but it works for me. The sticks are held in place with two nylon straps with quick-release buckles.

Best way to pack them (IMO) is to stack them on the back (piggy-back) like they are designed. I then take the strap from the stand and go around the pack of sticks just like they are the tree. Then, loop through the platform, back onto the versa-button, and tighten. Absolutely rock-solid, crazy quiet, and don't need anything extra to pack them in or out with.

[ QUOTE ]
That's good Brillo, I figured you'd make a chrome model. I'll make you that rainbow sticker you've been wanting.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey are you sure you don't have me mixed up with that guy that cuts hair down in Missouri?
grin.gif

Rudd, hooked me up with the stand a 4 sticks. I like it more than my climber more choices for setups. Ironwood showed me they stack on top of one another staggering them, the seat has two dimples for the first one to fit in. And G6 covered the rest.

huntdoc,
This is the best way for me... I carry all kinda of "stuff I need" so I use the back pack route. Comfortable and has some back support.

26badlands.jpg

26baslandsloaded-med.jpg

Top Bottom