Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pale coyote-trail cam pics added

caleb

This is a picture of a female yote I shot last week. She is about the palest color phase I have seen around here. When I first saw her a long ways off in the woods I thought for a second she was a fox. I am going to get the hide tanned to hang in the house. Now if I can go the other way and shoot a black one that is getting done life-size.
paleyoteresized.jpg

Re: Pale coyote

WOW! She has a ton of red to her.
I can see how a person would think fox at first.

Dean

Yeah, I shot her right at sunrise so everything looked redish as the sun reflected off the snow, I first spotted her as she was standing still, as soon as she started moving I could tell it was a yote.

Is it possiple yotes and fox breed because that looks like fox/yote mix. dont know much about either dont hunt them

Hey Rowdy, I don't think it is possible for fox-coyote hybrids. I know there can be coyote-dog hybrids or coydogs as most people call em, and even they are more rare than people think. Mainly because both coyote parents take part in raising the litter. If a dog was to breed with a yote, he probably wouldn't help raise the litter and a single mom would have a hard time. Especially since there is no coyote welfare system. If a female dog bred to a yote and someone fed the dog then they might have a better chance. But as far as foxes I would think a yote would just as soon eat a fox as breed with it. There may even be a chromosomal difference that is to severe for viable fertilization. Maybe someone else has some more input on this subject.

Very nice song dog. My son's first yote would have been a perfect mate for yours. He got it several years ago with a .22 when he was young. Foxes and yotes can't cross with each other. But as with several other animals there are different color phases. Congrats on a fine trophy.

hoofline.gif

Interesting looking yote, looks like it might have some domestic dog in it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

That is awesome, have never seen one like that before. Not to hijack the thread but what would an estimated taxidermy fee be for a full mount on something like this: fox, coyote, bobcat etc..?

Archer, I got a fox in at the taxidermist right now, gonna be about $350. He does yotes for about the same price. May regret not getting a full body mount of this yote, but I have the fox and four deer to pay for yet so I will have to wait. The funny thing is that most deer forms range in price from $30 to $60 and the fox form I picked out was almost $100. For a little chunk of foam. I will post pics when I get that back.

Huntcrazy, sounds like your taxidermist is going to be busy. I am excited to see the fox when it is done. Thanks for the info on this one.

Thats an awesome looking yote. Do you guys ever see any blacks ones up there? My dad and his hunting group down in southern MO kill about one a year. They are definitly different looking.

Again, congrats on the good lookin yote.

Top Bottom