Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Panic Mode

Willie

PMA Member
All of a sudden I started having fletching contact with my Whammy on the Guardian. Was on the phone with Spot Hogg techs troubleshooting when I noticed one of my cables had frayed - quite a bit /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif. Of course this crap always happens to me right before season starts....

Picture's a little fuzzy. Got a call into Boyd - sure hope he can hook me up tomorrow. I'm planning to hunt Saturday morning /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

bad_cable.jpg

That sucks. Couple years ago I ended up buying a new bow in the middle of the season. Took the old one to scheel's to get a new string and it never shot the same again. The same year they were clearing some timber for a housing development 500 yards from our timber with a bulldozer. Then to the north they decided to burn a huge brush pile that was maybe 75 yards away that smoldered for at least 2 weeks.
Kinda hard to get excited when you got to clean the ash of your stand then listen to a bulldozer rammin trees for hours.
So don't feel bad it could be worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That sucks. Couple years ago I ended up buying a new bow in the middle of the season. Took the old one to scheel's to get a new string and it never shot the same again. The same year they were clearing some timber for a housing development 500 yards from our timber with a bulldozer. Then to the north they decided to burn a huge brush pile that was maybe 75 yards away that smoldered for at least 2 weeks.
Kinda hard to get excited when you got to clean the ash of your stand then listen to a bulldozer rammin trees for hours.
So don't feel bad it could be worse. </div></div>

Talk about a run of bad luck! I was expecting a "swarm of lucusts" to fly in by the end of reading it.

The good news is you're in the best possible hands with Boyd. Hope it all pans out.

We'll I've struck out. I've never had to replace cables/strings on a bow before and now realize it's difficult to stock all the various sizes - can't say I blame the stores for that!

So, I guess I've got a chance to make decision on custom made cables/strings if I want. Who's the best cable & string mfg and why?

Top Bottom