Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Parkers First Deer

jboswell

This summer my oldest son (7 years old) Parker expressed interest in hunting deer. He had been practicing with his BB gun for a couple years and had become a decent shot. We switched over to my .22 so he could get used to shooting through a scoped rifle in late July. He was shooting pretty good groups at 50 yards so I agreed that we would take advantage of the youth deer season.

I sighted my muzzleloader in for 50 yards and 60 grains of powder and the thought was that his first shot would be with a deer in front of him and he would never feel the recoil.

Sunday night of the first weekend of the youth season he had the opportunity to take a small button buck and he made a great double shoulder shot that brought the deer down within 50 yards.

What a great time! He was so excited... really doesn't matter if I get a deer or not this year, my season has been made :way:

Congrats Parker - nice work!

Dad, your right - it's pretty overwhelming to be with your children when they harvest and animal.

One happy youngster there. Congrats to Parker and to you, looks like you have a life long hunting buddy.

Kratz

Top Bottom