Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Partition Fence/Possible Hunter Harassment Issue

that's a pretty crappy situation...not necessarily because the fence is going to hurt you as much as just the fact that the neighbor is going out of his way that much to interfere with your hunting. sorry i don't really have any advice for you, but you have my sympathy.

By definition of Iowa Law and his own admission he is breaking the law by attempting to deter deer movement to prevent you from hunting them IMHO. The law is subject to interpretation by a judge but that's they way I read it.

I could see the need for a super high fence if he had a game farm, purchased his own deer to run around as a business need. But a need to keep "Wild" deer on his property is not justified and in clear violation of the law.

Here is the law that protects you

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusiast481A_125.htm

We have a 6' high wooden fence in our back yard that I put up, but a 2' high old cattle fence in the front that has been there for 20+ years. My new neighbor leans his ladder up against the wooden fence and spy on us in the back yard. Cops told him he couldnt lean his ladder up against my fence. He just moved the ladder but keeps spying.

Now the front fence was covered in grape vines. One day they cut all the grape vines off the fence and are acting like its their fence, even tho i lived here first. They are impossible to talk to so I just ignore them and take video evidence. I protected the grape vines roots with steel plate and put up my own trelles and they still try to kill my grape vines off.

Neighbors and fences suck!

sounds like there already exists a legal fence the entire length of the boundary and thus no need to build anything new. Unless you have a written fence agreement, there is no agreement. The right hand rule is a commonly accepted practice, but not law. You could lay just as much claim that you should tend and maintain the left side as the right. If push comes to shove you have to share equally in the cost of erecting and maintaining. Lot to fight over here. Lawyers love this kind of thing. Tread lightly if possible.
I would insinuate that he fixed your fence and that he fixed it too high.

Top Bottom