Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Paylakes

sofakingfast_1

Have any of you ever fished a Paylake or know anything about them? I have never heard of them until earlier. I was reading a thread on another forum and let me tell you. The people on that site DO NOT like them. What one guy pretty much said was, commercial fisherman take trophy fish from the rivers, sell them to paylake owners, then they are released into a mudhole and starved. Then people pay to catch them over and over again until they die and are thrown up on the bank. He had the word "raped" in there somewhere. lol.

Whats your opinion on this?

I fished at a "donation" lake a long time ago. It was pay what you could to help restock the lake. I didn't mind. Awesome crappie fishing, and some good bass in there to. Other than that, I don't know much about them.

It is illegal to take a fish out of one body of water and put it in a private lake. I think the guy is full of BS. I don't know of any pay lakes in Iowa, but there may be some. The pay lakes I know of, they take very good care of their fish... it's their livelihood.

Those guys get all wound up about them. I don't know of any lakes that take fish out of public waters and stock their ponds. I do know a ton of lakes that restock their ponds every year with farm raised fish.

Top Bottom