Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pecan

cwhite

I see that Pecan is a new tree species offered by our local land conservation department for sale. Any one have any expericence with pecans? Benefits for deer? Just curious more than anything.

I'll let others chime in on the benefits. I have planted Northern Pecans on my place. You need to sweat them out to get them to bud (instructions on that all over) & I made sure I tree-tubed mine because the rabbits and mice will eat the trunks.

Anyone else out there? Need to get my order in by the end of the week. Not sure whether or not to give them a try. Thanks!

Have some young ones, but nothing yet to verify deer usage. Have read that deer do eat the actual pecans tho.

Check to see if they are Illini Northern Hardy pecans, as last I knew, it was the only variety to produce in the north. Mine bore pecans this year but they were pretty small, not something I'd spend time cracking for personal consumption. Think the squirrels benefited more than the deer.

Top Bottom