Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pedestal Mounts/Stands

No way bud! It sounds and looks (by your pics) like you have put more than your share in as far as work and management go! Keep on reaping the rewards for your efforts! Your success just gives me more incentive and ideas to try/do on my own farm!

I had this one done a few years ago. I had a base made and put on casters. We used a hedge post from the pasture and an old No Hunting sign. The taxidermist even made a deer trail with tracks in front of the post. It is in my brothers gun shop now, so apologies for the plain white background.

I had this one done a few years ago. I had a base made and put on casters. We used a hedge post from the pasture and an old No Hunting sign. The taxidermist even made a deer trail with tracks in front of the post. It is in my brothers gun shop now, so apologies for the plain white background.
Now that’s a stack of bucks! Awesome

That's really cool, any chance we could get a picture of the back of the mounts where they are attached?

That's really cool, any chance we could get a picture of the back of the mounts where they are attached?
Here is the back of the pedestal. There are three mounting brackets. They are lag bolted to the Hedge post and then bent to shape where you want to hang the deer. We used some light guage wire to fasten limbs to the bracket arms for camouflage. 13758.jpeg 13764.jpeg

Depending on where a pedistal is positioned and what angles it might be viewed from, your taxi may want to finish the back of the mount also. Lots of cool possibilities for that.

20150815_103319-936x1664.jpg 20160628_175708-936x1664.jpg 20160628_182011-936x1664.jpg
Here is one I built, still have to add the dirt. All parts have some sentimental value. Base was built from a fallen barn on a property I hunt, the rubbed fence post is from the farm I shot the buck, the grasses and barbed wire are from my property, and the plate is one of my father's old plates (black and yellow for Hawkeyes and 50 for Jasper county).

Last edited:
The taxidermist who built it had them a little closer together than I wanted so once we got ahold of it we moved brackets and got all 3 deer arranged the way we wanted. (That's why you see extra holes in the back of the post). If a guy wanted to build one of these and make it a centerpiece for a trophy room you could have the backs finished and attach them 360 degrees. Or you could have 2-3 posts on the base and accomplish the 360 degree look. Damn, I need to stop giving myself ideas. Merry Christmas everyone.

Top Bottom