Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Peep Options

Ghost

Life Member
The rubber alignment tube on my peep broke again.

I started shooting it without the rubber alignment tube and the peep still seems to line up good.

I also noticed how quiet my bow became without the rubber tube.

I plan to have a new string put on my bow soon and was wondering what my options were for a peep with no rubber tube.

Thanks!

Ghost,
I hate the rubbers... Went to a fletcher style peep and never looked back. I have the new g5 meta peep and love it!

The rubber is noisy, can break and you loose speed. If you get a winners choice string you won't have any issues with string alignment.
waytogo.gif

I have never trusted the rubber tube. This is the only way i have had my peep and have no reason to change it.
556i410698sq02-thumb.jpg

I've become very partial to Specialty Archery's Super Ball Peep. IMO it's byfar the most versatile peep on the market.

You have the option to go with 5 different aperture sizes - ranging from 1/32" to 1/8" - you can also shoot it w/o any aperture if you desire an even bigger hole.

They're available in two different angled cuts to accomodate bows of different axle lengths.

They're available in, I believe, 6 different color options, INCLUDING CAMO, for you guys who are picky about the appearance of your setup.

They are not made from plastic.

For those who are interested in competitive shooting, you have an assortment of clarifiers to choose from too.

And if that weren't enough, they are manufactured in Clear Lake,Iowa - sorry if that sounded like a sales pitch, I've just had very good experiences with there products, so they have my highest recommendations. Check them out.

I talked to an archery pro and he said that it doesn't matter what string your using the peep could get screwed up without a tube. I'm not sure on the exact tech lingo he said for the exact reason but even so i love the idea of no peep tube but not sure I want to risk anything for the sake of no tube.

I still think that a properly shot in string in a tuned bow (without the tube) with a peep is the way to go. I tried without the peep and multiple contact points for a consistent reference. It did not work for me. To each his own. The days when my peep moved or I used the tube or a nock aligner it all stemmed from an improper set up configuaration. Honestly this is not one of my specialties either...I trust the local pro shop to help me figure it out.

Not to say anyones style is wrong (because you simply must use what works best for you), but; if you are using a kisser button, I personally feel a peep is not necessary. I had mine drilled out to a huge hole (in-order to actually see through the thing at low-light), thus basically making the thing useless!

Top Bottom