Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pellet Gun?

muddy

I need to get a pellet gun for rabbit control as they're destroying my garden, trees, etc.

The ones at WalMart seem sufficient but figured there's gotta be a few guys on here who could potentially enlighten me. Scheels has a nice scoped .177 for $120 that looked like it'd do the job as well.

Suggestions comments?

My father in law has a Gamo and that thing is wicked. You could probably pick one up for a good price on gunbroker.com. I think they're around 300 new.

Although I am usually in the "bigger is better" mindset, I would say in the case go cheap.

I bought a $50 Walmart special (no scope, plastic stock, 10 pump)about 5 years ago and it is still keeping our yard clear.

Matt,

You can borrow my Benjamin topped with a scope. I haven't shot it in awhile so she may need sighted in, but killed 100s of rabbits, coons, etc with it..... Its a good 40 yard gun.

We have a quest 1000x, its a little over kill for in your yard stuff in my opinion...but then that might be a little bias, because it sent me to the hospital for a day...:thrwrck:

Yeah I was off a tad with the price, most of them on gunbroker are going for $170, shoots about 1200 fps with a single pump. Not bad...

Although I am usually in the "bigger is better" mindset, I would say in the case go cheap.

I bought a $50 Walmart special (no scope, plastic stock, 10 pump)about 5 years ago and it is still keeping our yard clear.

Yup, Daisy 880 ten-pump will make short work of what you are after Matt. :way:

picture.php

Go big or go home!

Damn it's hard to write with a mouse! :D

i would go with g5 small game heads, and the bow.

sportsmans guide has quite a few pellet guns.

Gamo Hunter Extreme

detail_hunter_extreme__79895_zoom.jpg

I have a .177 Gamo Hunter Extreme, hard hitting, and accurate adult air rifle. Pushes a pellet down the tube at 1650 FPS. This air rifle really puts the smack down on small game.

Some hunt larger game with it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUUCLc0ZHhQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=momh7YtANeg

This post is for informational purposes only. I am in no way affiliated with this manufacture/company and I am not receiving any compensation for this post.

Ron Wyllie

Go to sportsmansguide.com. I bought a ruger .177 last month that shoots 1400 fps topped with 4x scope. I only payed $135 being a member, $150 or $160 if you're not. Did I mention it is a RUGER....this thing is built like a tank. Really acurate too....I've shot 6 rabits out of my backdoor so far

Theisons

Theisons in Iowa City is having a unadvertised special on their pellet guns right now. The one they had for 150.00 looked pretty sweet!

Top Bottom