Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pellet lime

Waukon1

When is the best time to apply. Before the ground is worked up/after?

How long before you can plant?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd spread lime, work the ground and plant, all on the same day if I could. </div></div>

Me too /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The only drawback is if your dealing with very acidic ground then the lime needs time to work, it's not a "quick fix" like fertilizer.

When possible it's better to apply lime the fall or winter before but in your case I do just as Randy suggests. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

It's going to get worked up with a plow and later a disc and later planted in corn. If it's not in the same day would you still apply it in the same order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waukon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's going to get worked up with a plow and later a disc and later planted in corn. If it's not in the same day would you still apply it in the same order? </div></div>

I wouldn't "plow" the lime under but rather disc it in. It should be in the upper layer of soil.

I would...plow, disc once, spread fertilizer and lime and then disc it once more and plant.

Pel lime is just going to help for a year, it really won't effect your ph. Its more of a quick fix, compared to ag lime.

Top Bottom