Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pendulem Sights?

rcb708

Was looking at maybe changing to a pendeluem sight just curious if anyone has an opinion one way or another on them?

I used the Trophy Ridge Mantis last season I really liked it. I often wished I had it this year, I like that if there in range just aim and shoot...no guessing yardage or getting busted checking yardage. I switched to an adjustable single pin from HHA this season. I switched because the my Mantis was good out to 35 yards and I am comfortable shooting 40..I wanted to avoid the 35-40 gray area where I would have to lock down the pendulum and adjust to shoot 40 plus yards..

I am back in the market myself for next year. I am hoping that some of the new faster bows will be good at greater distances??

I was looking at the Mantis do you just have to sight it in on the ground, or from an elevated position?

I tried the Keller Pendulem one year and found it to be junk so I tossed it.

I've had a Savage pendulem for several years now and really like it and recommend checking into them. They are very accurate and simple to use.

I use a HHA and its a good, solid sight. Well worth the money. I switched to the single pin because I was having trouble with torque with the horizontal pins, all mental. Once I switched to the vertical pin my groups got a lot tighter. The only downside is having to move the yardage bar for longer shots. My DXT will shoot 1 pin in the kill zone out to 30 yards but anything beyond that I have to move the sight.

I had kind of a circus situation this year with my HHA and one of my doe harvests. I had a group of 5 does coming down a trail I ranged at 40 yards so I moved my pin to the 40 yard mark. I came to full draw, and then they turned and started walking towards me. I had to let down, move the pin down to my 15-30 yard marker, came to full draw, about face, they turned and headed the other way again. Let down, put it on my 40 yard, lead doe steps into a shooting lane at 43 yards and I took her out.

So, it just depends, they can be a pain, but most stands are set for a 15-30 yard shot anyways which makes the pendulum nice IMO.

Top Bottom