Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

People hunting right along our fence lines

Bottom line!!!
People who hang stands on boarders of neighboring hunters where they have the possibility of shooting onto neighboring property....... are just plain non-sportsman and have no respect for any other hunter.
This kind of sportsmanship is exactly what Anti Hunters love to see.

Trying to stir the pot are we??? This is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Just because I or any one else places a stand close to a fence doesn't mean squat. And I really doubt anti hunters give a rip about where someone places a stand.

I have quite a few stands next to fence lines (within 20 yards). The neighbors know this, and don't have any problem with it. They know me, know what I stand for, and know that I'm not going to take a shot across the fence. Sometimes, you just don't have any other choice.

Even if they didn't like it, what could they do about it? Steal my memory cards out of trail cameras, steal tree steps, steal stands, and harass me when I'm in my tree? Justhunt87, maybe it's a good thing you started this post so you quit doing those things. YOU are part of that small minority of hunters out there that ruin it for everyone else. YOU are why people give up hunting, and YOU are exactly the opposite of what I want my neighbors to be like. Thank god it's not me that hunts by you.....but I feel sorry for Dwilk. I also feel sorry for when Karma comes crashing down upon you.

Nice post by the way, sure makes me feel sorry for you :thrwrck:

I really get a kick outta people that think the deer on their property (at the time) belong to them. LOL If a deer leaves the neighbors property does it now belong to the person on the other side of the fence where it stands? Well it does if that guy kills it and that is the only way it belongs to anyone, period!
As far as fence hunting, I have done it and will continue to do it (at times) because deer FOLLOW and CROSS fences. Like was said, if you see a stand close to the fence that looks like they are shooting onto your hunting property, try to talk civil with the person first you may get farther. If you raise a stink with a neighbor or their friends you may also lose your hunting spot, nobody likes conflicts unless you're just an ahole. :thrwrck:

I agree with sureshot, also. It really goes back to who owns the deer. Even if you practice great management on your property, you still dont own the deer. Those deer travel all thru out the rut, does that still make them YOUR deer when they cross the fence??? Deal with it. I share property with another guy who has other properties to hunt but spends the majority of time where I hunt. We just make sure we don't hurt one another with our set-ups and all is fine. We also work with neighbors, as best we can, to make sure everyone gets the oppurtunity, ( key word), to kill a mature deer.

I agree with sureshot, also. It really goes back to who owns the deer. Even if you practice great management on your property, you still dont own the deer. Those deer travel all thru out the rut, does that still make them YOUR deer when they cross the fence??? Deal with it. I share property with another guy who has other properties to hunt but spends the majority of time where I hunt. We just make sure we don't hurt one another with our set-ups and all is fine. We also work with neighbors, as best we can, to make sure everyone gets the oppurtunity, ( key word), to kill a mature deer.
I like your thinking!
:way:

I really get a kick outta people that think the deer on their property (at the time) belong to them. LOL If a deer leaves the neighbors property does it now belong to the person on the other side of the fence where it stands? Well it does if that guy kills it and that is the only way it belongs to anyone, period!
As far as fence hunting, I have done it and will continue to do it (at times) because deer FOLLOW and CROSS fences. Like was said, if you see a stand close to the fence that looks like they are shooting onto your hunting property, try to talk civil with the person first you may get farther. If you raise a stink with a neighbor or their friends you may also lose your hunting spot, nobody likes conflicts unless you're just an ahole. :thrwrck:
I don't think anyone on here is claiming to "own" the deer just that when someone puts themselves in that postion its reasonable to be concerned that someone may do it (shoot accross the line), especially if they are clearing shooting lanes and what not. With the right to pursue laws its easy to use that as an excuse to break the law when you place a stand on the property line. Unfortunately while a good % of hunters wouldn't dream of it I think we all know many wouldn't hesitate, especially if the deer is very big. Big antlers make even ethical hunters do stupid things.

Even if they didn't like it, what could they do about it? Steal my memory cards out of trail cameras, steal tree steps, steal stands, and harass me when I'm in my tree? Justhunt87, maybe it's a good thing you started this post so you quit doing those things. YOU are part of that small minority of hunters out there that ruin it for everyone else. YOU are why people give up hunting, and YOU are exactly the opposite of what I want my neighbors to be like. Thank god it's not me that hunts by you.....but I feel sorry for Dwilk. I also feel sorry for when Karma comes crashing down upon you.

Nice post by the way, sure makes me feel sorry for you :thrwrck:

Did I miss something?

I personally see nothing wrong with fence sitting, but each situation is different.

Example, I would never sit accross from somebody who has their stand on my line, and if they were facing my line, Id just have a talk with him.

My new property has an adjacent landowner sitting on an alfalfa field with deer coming from bedding areas my side. I told him good luck and if they run onto mine, go get them :)

If I take the other route, and say, NO way, dont sit there etc, do you think he will help me drag deer, call me when trespassers on my place etc., or a friendship will ensue?

Be civil, help your neighbor taste the same success you have and want, I promise it will come back to you. However, the difference is when someone TRIES to be an a**, and cuts down trees on your side, to shoot into your field, after you asked him please dont etc. We are all adults and can see the motives behind each situation IMO.

Each situation is different and should be handled with civility if possible.

Did I miss something?

Go back to DWILK's second post on this thread. Unfortunately for DWILK he happens to be a neighbor that hunts near JUSTHUNT87/Dylan. Dylan seems think DWILK has a better spot because he has been harrassing, trespassing, and stealing trail cameras and SD cards off of DWilks ground for the last couple years. One of these days karma is going to be a bitch with Dylan as he seems to have thought all of his games were probably funny and would eventually make DWILK want to hunt somewhere else. But I dont have any respect for a thief, especially when they pick an online forum to conjure up more plans to ruin a good day of hunting activities for someone who actually abides by some laws. All of your incidents are recorded with the S.O., so I guess we are just waiting for the day you decide what exactly youre going to steal or rig up to harass you neighbor hunters again.

I had the same problem...owned all the cover and had half a dozen guys sitting on my fence lines every shotgun season...after years of problems and many failed attempts to resolve the issue I built a high fence...best thing I ever did..the fence sitters ruined my property and I finally got my own land back to hunt..I realize this is an extreme example but a person has the right to protect and enjoy their property...and to all you fence sitters reading this...maybe you should go take a loan out and buy your own piece and see if you feel the same way you do now...o, I also believe we all own the deer but while they r on my side of the fence they r my deer to shoot, not shoot, feed, and enjoy

This must be one awesome fencline to hunt! Must be booners jumping back and forth all day. Can you please let me know where this is so I can ask permission to hunt this fenceline too.

It was a awesome line to hunt...not to many deer clearing the 10 footer that's there now ..and the other side is plowed tillable with no trees...so good luck to ya

...and to all you fence sitters reading this...maybe you should go take a loan out and buy your own piece and see if you feel the same way you do now...
Well I will take a loan out and buy some ground if you want to pay for it, some people can't afford to just go buy land. Hope you like your high fence, I'm sure those guys you were bitching about are still laughing about you putting it up. They're only deer, there will be others to replace them, besides what were you doing driving the deer to them off your property?

I will be sitting on a fence line this evening. Hope a big boy makes a mistake and cross's the fence, if not I'll just shoot him on the other side of the fence!!!

O yeah, same guy owns both places.

I will be sitting on a fence line this evening. Hope a big boy makes a mistake and cross's the fence, if not I'll just shoot him on the other side of the fence!!!

O yeah, same guy owns both places.
I can come stand guard on the other side for you. :D

G6...you sound a little upset...why would I pay for Your land...that comment is a joke...thats my point, its a huge life changing thing to take a loan out for piece of non income returning land...so when some fence sitters r ruining it by shooting on my side all season I do have the right to protect it..and the high fence works great...not a sole hunting the other side cause they don't have anything to hunt

I'm thinking of putting up a picket fence in my yard to keep the curb sitters from window peeking! Just sayin..... These people are just ruining what used to be my relaxing time. I can't even sit on the porch naked anymore in the mornings. I completely understand what AA is saying..........:rolleyes:

Top Bottom