Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Personal Muddy ZVT review

kjohn15

I will preface this post by saying that I am in no way an expert about archery equipment nor am I sponsered by anyone to hunt (besides my fiance', she donates some freedom for me in the fall). I also don't post a lot on here, so that makes me a novice whitetail hunter in some minds I guess.
I recently purchased the new Muddy ZVT string suppresser on Amazon and was able to put it on my Bear Truth (the original one) last night. I was at a crossroads with my bow and decided instead of buying a 1600 set up I would just put a couple hundred into my current set up and get by for a few more years. My bow was really starting to annoy me in the last year because it sounded like I was shooting a rubber band on every shot. I went ahead and ordered Winner's Choice string and cables (the older models are on clearance and they cost me $68 to my door), a QAD HDX rest (switching from a whisker biscuit), and of course the Muddy ZVT( no previous string suppressor on the bow). Since I will be taking my bow in for the string install I will let them put the rest on and tune it, but I am not helpless so I put on the ZVT myself and tried it out without changing anything else out. What a diiference that made! The bow shoots whisper quiet and is still just as accurate. I know that other suppressors would probably have helped as well, but just figured I would give my two cents and let you all know that I am pleased with the New Muddy ZVT and will be shooting it for a few years barring any unforseen circumstance. :way:

Thanks for the review! They are pretty sweet!

Here is a great video review also that you can really see the difference the string makes in slow motion with a ZVT on vs. a regular string stop.
http://bonesnbroadheads.com/2012/06/18/bloodsport-zvt-review/

Also, Muddy uses MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) to keep stores from competing on price with each other, which means you can't get it any cheaper at one store than the next, that is unless one of them marks it up even higher. Save yourselves some shipping costs and buy one from your local archery shop. If your archery shop doesn't have them yet, voice your opinion about them and tell them to stock them. They are brand new this year and have just started to become available over the last few months... Just in case you are wondering, I am a Muddy Direct sales rep... Help us out and keep the business local! ;)

I got mine on Amazon for about $35 with free shipping so it was a few bucks cheaper than anywhere local. Sorry. I will keep that in mind next time i go Muddy. P.S. I have to return the Muddy step sledge to bass pro. The magnet came loose when i was using it otherwise it was working well. Have you seen this happening with them?

Last edited:
I haven't seen it happen 'yet'.. The Sledge's are another brand new product that just came out so I wouldnt be surprised if they have a few issues.. other than the magnet in the sledge i dont really see anything else that could go wrong with it.. there are some really thick steps that dont fit too well in it and thats the only problem that ive came across so far.

Top Bottom