Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Perspective of life

moosehunter

PMA Member
Life can sometimes be cruel and unfair. A week ago my younger brother called me and gave me horrible news, he has pancreatic cancer. It is stage 4 and has also spread to his liver and lungs. It hit me hard and my heart has been hurting since. We are very close, in fact best friends probably. I will make as many trips to Texas as I can to spend some time with him. My hunting season is probably gone but right now it's not very important anyway. Even though no one on this site knows him you all would like him. He's the most unselfish person I know and has a zest for life and a passion for the outdoors. When you talk to God please say a prayer for my brother.

Make the most of the time you have left with him, and tell him you Love him. So sorry to hear about that. Prayers sent your way.

God Bless

I'm going through a very similar situation, nothing you can do or say. Just be there for him for as long as you have together. Very sorry to hear the news.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with the same thing a year and a half or so ago. He's been doing chemo on and off for over a year. It's spread quite a bit but he still keeps going. Some day's are worse than others. He's been hunting and fishing as much as he can. Enjoy him while you can and prayers sent...

I'm truly sorry to hear this. Like others have said, enjoy every moment you can with him and concentrate on all the good you have shared with each other. Life is extremely unfair and you, your brother, and entire family will be in our prayers.

There is probably nothing any of us can say or do that will help with the "kicked in the guts" feeling that you, your brother and your family are going through, but we all feel for you and are thinking of you. Praying that your remaining time together will be both comfortable for your brother and of high quality for all.

Praying for you and your family. Difficult news to digest, but keep the faith and spend as much time as possible with your brother.

Very sorry for the news. My prayer is that you can trust and take peace in knowing that our creator knows what He is doing whether it seems good or bad to us. A couple of verses that may provide some comfort for you: Isaiah 41:10, Romans 8:28, Proverbs 3:5.
Going through a similar situation a few years back with a family member, this song was a great encouragement as well. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPS8sa-bRQ

I am sorry for all of you but I must agree with Lyon, we don't know what the PLAN is or what the future holds. Spend time and do normal and enjoyable things but mostly just be with him. I can tell you that prayers must help because over the last 3 years I have been privileged to have hundreds of people praying for me and am currently in remission. I don't know where he is receiving treatment but I would advise you to try to get him to a Mayo Clinic. I go regularly to the one in Rochester Mn. and have meet people there from Texas and Oklahoma, and Arkansas and they have helped all of us. The care at Mayo is well worth the travel and if there is hope there is life. A quote that has helped me over these years is from Abraham Lincoln " it is not the years in your life that really count, it is the life in your years" Put as much life in the years as you can!

Tough stuff Perry. Prayers for you and your brother during this extraordinarily challenging time. God bless.

Top Bottom