Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pesky Squirrels....

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
I just finished putting together a new treestand of mine. i won it, and probably would not have bought it, however, one can never have too many stands....
here is my issue. it has a seat cushion that doesnt come off the stand with out taking the stand apart. the stand is big/awkward and taking it up and down each time is impossible.
it is very comfy, and will do nicely for an all day sit.
in the past, Squirrels have destroyed/eaten/built nests out of cushions of mine.....
unfortunatly, i am putting the stand up and will be taking my chances with the pesky rodents. i was wondering if anybody had and "Top Secret" methods of detering these guys from chewing up my seat.
this seat cushion is essential to the stand, with out it, i dont have a seat. and it isnt somthing i can put on when i get there in the morning....
Any advice??
i appreciate it fellas!!!

I know Double Bull has some stuff for there blinds to keep rats and mice away. Don't know if that would work for tree rats and if the deer would be affected by it or not.
confused.gif

I've had luck putting a heavy duty plastic bag over the seat. Like a garbage bag or a heavier bag from a store.

[ QUOTE ]
I've had luck putting a heavy duty plastic bag over the seat. Like a garbage bag or a heavier bag from a store.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has worked well for me as well.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mee too and it keeps it dry.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This works for me as well, easy way to ave your self 20 bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cabelas sells a seat cover for $6 and it fits the seat really well. I have a couple of them and also use the plastic bags, too.
Your other option is to sit in your stand 24/7!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Hire Hardcore Hunter.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny!
grin.gif

I actually use some chicken wire around mine. With my fat ass and all the padding in the clothes, never feel it.
blush.gif

Top Bottom