Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pet Cremation

all4s

Life Member
I have to put one of my labs down this week, cancer got the best of her. I thought about pet cremation. Has anyone done this? Cost, options, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hunt on All4s

sorry to hear that all4s. i lost my vizsla last winter and i feel for ya. as far as your questions go, i have no idea. we buried my pooch under one of her numerous nap trees and used some old iron wagon wheels to make a fence and headstone. damn...i miss that dog.

Two years ago when I had to put my Springer down, it was late winter and the ground was still froze so cremation was the option I went with. It was an option that the vet clinic offered. I think is cost me $40.00. A couple of days after she was put down I stopped back at the clinic to pick up the ashes. I brought her home in a nice tin container that they provided, with the intent to spread her out on the morning of the next pheasant opener. On the ground we always hunted but it’s one of those things I just haven’t done yet… Maybe this year… Sorry to hear about your impending loss..

had one dog cremated a couple of years back. Have his ashes in a box, it's a nice memento. Had my setter put down this summer and had a buddy burry him along our fencline he always pointed birds at. I think it depends on what the dogs passion was. Cremation is expensive ($185). but I have no regrets. Have a 8 week Lab now full of piss and vinegar.

I am not sure what the cost is but suspect it will run anywhere from 55 to 200 dollars depending on the service, ern, etc

Sorry to hear about your Lab. It always tears me up when I have to put one down...even tho it is not my dog, I always feel for the owners and the memories they have.........

I'm sorry to hear about your pet. Its always tough to lose a special member of the family. My clinic offers cremation services for about $60. I have alot of clients choose this option for their pet. I'm not sure what it would cost you in your area. There are alot of variables (ie, urn style, whether the vet clinic does it themselves, etc.) Urn styles vary from a simple plastic urn to elaborate marble urns, it just depends upon what you want to spend.

I'm so sorry all4s. I had to put my husky down years ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. My britany is going to be 10 this year. I can't even think about it.
frown.gif

Just had my 16 year old shorthair put down. It cost me $200 for the deed and cremation. One of those "hard to do" things.
frown.gif

I feel your pain Eric - I just had to put my Choclate Lab down on Wed. That is by far the hardest thing that I have ever done. They asked me if I wanted his ashes, but I did not think that I could go back there to get them.

Top Bottom