Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PETA & Doe tags

mole

I got a call from a friend and he was upset that the county he wanted to hunt during Thanksgiving was sold out. He was then told by the person selling the license that PETA had bought out all the tags in many Iowa counties. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Anyone else hear of this?

I guess I would put nothing past PETA.

mole

id be pretty surprised if they did that.....

but

does that mean we can put those tags on PETA memebers???

The DNR would sure have some extra cash if PETA bought out all the doe tags for the state. Us land owners would then have to get deprevation tags and invite all you boys and girls out to fill them.

I pretty sure Peta bought up all the antlerless tags in the county next to me last year. What I was told anyway.

good for them. donating to our cause. i hope we get more public ground with the $ and theree will be more does for us next year

i have heard that they threaten to do this, although i doubt very much that it actually happens. they think that by buying all the doe tags that they are saving the lives of deer. what will really happen, is that the DNR will see that all the tags for joeblow county sold, and very few harvests were called in. next year, after the deer counts come in, hunters in that county will get their doe tag quantities raised.....more tags for everybody

Looking at the limited quota DNR page there are a lot of counties that are sold out that werent last week. Could this be right?

I stopped in the C-store saturday night after hunting and at the cash register it had a listing of the county I was hunting and several others next to this county that were sold out and a list of what was left for other counties. At the top it said hurry and buy your tags now because they are going fast,but did not say who had left this list.Also this store does not sell tags.It was not there the day before.

I was at Sportsmans in Ankeny buying tags and the cashier said someone came in that morning and bought all of the doe tags for a county but I cant remember which one, I think the guy was from Boone. I hope he hit one with his car on the way home.

don't start going nuts on the panic button. could be possible that there were only a few left for that county. if there were 50 left for my county, i would probably buy them up before they were gone, just so people in my hunting groups would be able to shoot all the does they wanted

PETA needs to go buy up Allamakee and Clayton county tags there's always lots left there, nobody wants to drag any deer out of those hills. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at the limited quota DNR page there are a lot of counties that are sold out that werent last week. Could this be right? </div></div>

It sure could be possible. Didn't the November antlerless season tags just go up for sale this weekend? This season is very popular with some of our resident deer hunters.

As for PETA buying up the tags, I highly doubt it.

When I saw that my county only had 20 left I went to the store and bought them all. That was on top of the 15 I already had. I just got a new farm that hasn't been hunted in over 10 years. I have to clean it out a little.

im from illinois and i had to pay 250 dollars to hunt 1st shotgun season anterless only. lee county. they only sell 80 tags to non resident and i got the 35th one. van buren county had 100 and they are already sold out. i wonder why peta isnt buying non resident tags!?!!? maybe the price!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 150 Class</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at the limited quota DNR page there are a lot of counties that are sold out that werent last week. Could this be right? </div></div>

It sure could be possible. Didn't the November antlerless season tags just go up for sale this weekend? This season is very popular with some of our resident deer hunters.

As for PETA buying up the tags, I highly doubt it. </div></div>

I think your right. They did go on sale this last weekend. This prob. why there are alot more counties sold out.

Thank goodness I got my tags early this year cause they be sold out in Jones county now... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I got 3 tags total. It sucks tho that they make you buy a unisex tag before you can buy any Doe tags.

Top Bottom