Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PH Outdoors

Basically no one runs the wheel kit on the RTP. Most people that buy the front coulters take them off. Prolly approaching 1,000 acres planted on my G5 and it's def no till, not min till. 5' RTP with small seed box can be had for 18k. 3p606nt 22k. I'm not gonna tell anyone that RTP is better than GP. It's not. But there is a cost difference. RTP does have a better calibration system imo. My next drill will be GP pull type.
The designation of "no-till" just seems like semantics where everyone but RTP/PH associate "no-till" with the presence of coulters whether coulters are beneficial or not for plotters planting no-till. I just see 3p500/3p600 as a more apples to apples comparison to a genesis without coulters than a 3p606NT. The only thing about the genesis that I can see make it more of a "no-till" drill than the 3p600 is more weight per row but that's easy to mitigate. On the flip side, the 3p600 has staggered rows which in theory should help with residue in no-till applications.

Last edited:
The designation of "no-till" just seems like semantics where everyone but RTP/PH associate "no-till" with the presence of coulters whether coulters are beneficial or not for plotters planting no-till. I just see 3p500/3p600 as a more apples to apples comparison to a genesis without coulters than a 3p606NT. The only thing about the genesis that I can see make it more of a "no-till" drill than the 3p600 is more weight per row but that's easy to mitigate. On the flip side, the 3p600 has staggered rows which in theory should help with residue in no-till applications.

Updating my thoughts on this a little after the first go with my new 3p600. I know guys have been happy with it for no-till plots as is but I think I’m going to need to add a little weight to be fully satisfied at least on my soils. I’m used to a heavier pull type drill with coulters.

Compared to a genesis, I’d assume the land pride drive wheel supports more drill weight which reduces down pressure available to the row units, so it probably does not penetrate stiff soils as well.

Now just need to figure out which route I want to take to add weight. Was hoping it would just work perfect out of the gate and I’m sure the plots wouldn’t suck as is but I’d rather all the seed be at the depth I want and covered.

Top Bottom