Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Phew

sofakingfast_1

Whats one of the top 3 rules in Hunting? Dont shoot at something until you are 100% it is what you are after. Or something like that. Right?

Missouri man shot in head while poaching

October 19, 2009 at 11:03 AM
GRANBY, Mo. (AP) - Newton County authorities say a 19-year-old Granby man died after being shot in the head in a hunting accident.
Newton County Sheriff Ken Copeland says Steven Cox was shot while he and two other men were trying to poach deer northeast of Granby Sunday night.
KZRG reports that the sheriff says one of the men indicated that he heard a noise that he thought was a deer and fired a shot, which hit Cox. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Copeland did say the results of the investigation would be forwarded to the Newton County prosecutor’s office.

And they classify it as a "hunting" accident? Someone should clarify that for them.
I dont want what I do to be lumped into the same group as a poacher.

thumbsdown.gif

Poaching and it was at night, this was not a hunting accident. Still a sad situation though.

We had an accident similar to this with couple Asian's just north of were i hunt. They were "squirrel hunting" but i think they were poaching deer, some how one got shot in the head and the other one ended up killing himself. It gets pretty scary when things like this happen close to home. Sad story but when people break the law it just down places what they actually did!!!

I was thinking we had another Darwin candidate after reading it. Out doing something stupid and one less poacher.

I was thinking we had another Darwin candidate after reading it. Out doing something stupid and one less poacher.

Come on man its someones life. Pretty easy for you to say (Just one less poacher)

I didn't poach when i was younger but i did stupid things. What if your 19 year old son got shot in the head while poaching. Would you say, Oh well, one less poacher.

You guys are correct, I spoke without considering both sides of the story. From here on out, everytime someone gets hurt or killed while doing something illegal I will now feel sorry for them and everyone involved. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom