Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Photo Posting

Rackaddict

Life Member
I've noticed a lot of guys asking how to post photos lately. I asked for instructions a few weeks ago. Here is the answer from the iowawhitetail administrators that even I was able to understand.

PHOTO POSTING 101:

To start, most everyone is using a family camera to take hunting pics, 35mm if you will. You taking your photo's to the grocery store or a 1 hour photo place to get developed. When you get them back the fun part is showing your friends and fellow members on Iowa Whitetail.

Whether you use a 35mm camera or digital you need to save your photos as electronic files. If you scan them the software you use is setup to save them as JPEG's, GIF's or TIF files. Try to save them as JPEG's and make sure you set the DPI ( dots per inch ) at 72 DPI. Most stuff comes in here at 150 DPI which is fine as well, it just takes forever to load so everyone can look at.

The next step is the size, the physical dimensions that you want your photo to be. Most photo's we post are 400 x 300 pixels, but have changed recently to 500 x 400 just to make them a shade bigger.

Now remember all the above information is done way before you try to send to us or post yourself. This is what it will look like in the Conference, and what everyone will see.

So you have saved your file as a JPEG, it is all the right sizes in dimension and resolution. Now how to get it to show up in the Conference?

No matter what your photo has to be attached to a web address to be able to post. If you don't own a website or don't store photo's on Hunting Photo's.com you need to use something. This is where the UPLOAD function comes in.

Go back to the Home Page and look up in the RH corner, click on UPLOAD. Now, put in your name and e-mail address and anything you wanted added ( text ) to the pic. Click on BROWSE and find the pic ( file ), we always save our stuff on our desktop. Find the file click on it, the file will fill in the blank and then click on SUBMIT.

Now, depending on the size of the file the photo will show up soon. Once you see the photo, put your mouse arrow over the pic and RIGHT CLICK. A window will open, go down to PROPERTIES and click on it. Another window will open and you will see a URL, something like iowawhitetail.com/upics/yourphoto.jpg. COPY and PASTE that to your TOPIC page in the Conference - Use the IMAGE button and COPY/PASTE the URL to it in there, that will put the little image brackets in front

Try this, RIGHT CLICK on any image in the Conference, click on PROPERTIES and you will see the URL/File that make the photo show-up.

I know this seems hard but as time goes on it will come to you, try a few and see what happens!

PS, you can always send us the JPEG and we can post for you

Top Bottom