Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Photos of the winners of the classic?

17137_1193150592080_1327867656_30502167_5925317_n.jpg

This one is my Dad's. 1st place Firearm Non-Typical @ 220 0/8

Just looked at the whole album....damn I should have made the trip. Holy crap. Since big sheds are hardly posted online anymore, it's nice to see some pics of some real tanks.

In picture 100 with the guy holding two sheds.....the shed in the left side of the picture....what the holy heck is that?!!!!! Is that one piece of bone? Good grief!! I think I heard about that shed from THA4.....anyone have any more pics of it?

Did anyone get a picture of the buck that was basically just main beams? I believe it was from Guthrie county, about 24" inside and 5" mass. It was on the furthest west panel. Awesome buck!

Thanks for the great pics. I was working in the measuring area all weekend and I have a list of all the entries. There were 326 total entries scored not including sheds. Of those, there were 36 B&C heads. That's unbelievable. That's 11% of all entries. Only in Iowa.:way: We can only dream of that in my home state of MN.

Thanks for the great pics. I was working in the measuring area all weekend and I have a list of all the entries. There were 326 total entries scored not including sheds. Of those, there were 36 B&C heads. That's unbelievable. That's 11% of all entries. Only in Iowa.:way: We can only dream of that in my home state of MN.

You sound like another uninformed Minnesota Measurer. If you need an education, you can talk to me next weekend in St Paul.

I'm not entirely positive about where we stand anymore as far as total B&C entries. We led the nation for many years, then slipped to 2nd or 3rd. Problem is people have stopped entering, its not a problem of not killing deer big enough. We've had years of 40+ B&C also. A member of Minnesota Official Measurers completed a task of collecting data from all registered B&C and State measurers. He found close to 600 B&C qualifying whitetails that have not been entered. This does not include what deer are in private out of state collections. Minnesota hunters have, for the most part, quite seeking the publicity. When one reads between the lines, they will find that this state holds its own with any State or Province out there. Have you ever heard of Ottertail and Itasca counties? They blow Buffalo Co Wis right out of the water. Difference is there isnt an outdoor writer hidding behind every tree waiting to expose the next B&C deer. Or an Outfitting industry that preys on your dollar by promoting that type of deer. You've seen pictures of the 8 point that was poached in SE MN? Theres also a 200 inch 5x5 thats about to hit the scene. Both of these deer are from 2009. just a sample of whats out there, Not trying to imply that every year is like this, just giving a generalization. If we could get only the deer entered that we know of, they would have to literally rewrite the record book. In my home county alone I have scored 12 deer that make B&C but are not entered. They range from 170 typical all the way upto 188 net typical, couple 200 non typicals and a 230. They never will be entered as far as the family's are concerned. If someone put on a deer show in this county I'd be willing to bet they would get less then 50 head in, and probably no B&C qualifiers. Yet, I could drive you around my home town of 1200 people and show you no less the 12 B&C deer...just in town! Its like that all over this State.

My stating that 11% of the entries were B&C meant that of the 326 deer entered at the show, 36 made B&C, which is 11%.
Sorry for the confusion.

Id have to agree with DC, we have them but there's a HUSH HUSH mentality that keeps many from being entered. Its the same way with trailcams. Ive seen some amazing photos come from MN hunters but its always through an email and never on any public forum.

Id have to agree with DC, we have them but there's a HUSH HUSH mentality that keeps many from being entered. Its the same way with trailcams. Ive seen some amazing photos come from MN hunters but its always through an email and never on any public forum.

I too know of many in Iowa that are hush hush. I know of quite a few heads hanging in livingrooms that have never been officially scored, as the guys have said, it doesn't matter to them what it scores officially, and they see no need to brag to everyone about it. i would suspect that this goes on all over, not just in MN or IA.

If any of you other Minnesota guys really think MN is producing anywhere colse to the number of B&C bucks as Iowa in the last 20 years I will come over an pinch you and wake you up because you a in some kind a dreamland.

I know of many B&C buck in my area of Iowa that are not entered in the books. Not even offically scored. A lot of guys in my area quit entering deer into both P&Y and B&C do to all the publicity it brings on an area. The first thing guys look to when coming to the midwest is the books to find the best areas. No thanks Iowa doesnt need any more hype. I can think of dozens that are book bucks but not entered Heck there are even a few booners hanging in farmers machine sheds.

If any of you other Minnesota guys really think MN is producing anywhere colse to the number of B&C bucks as Iowa in the last 20 years I will come over an pinch you and wake you up because you a in some kind a dreamland.

The truth might suprise you Bernie.

You would be so suprised at the number of booners in farm homes in Iowa. Many only mount the best one they ever shot, and have horns from 10, 20, 30 years ago hanging in their garage or machine shed that will score 180",and up! Almost none of these horns were ever officially scored. So; they have never been entered in any book. And that is the way these people want it. They could care less if anybody believes how they were taken, and when. I must admit; i believe some were not taken legally. But i will swear on a stack of bibles that i have seen them with my own two eyes.

Top Bottom