Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pig weed

Its pretty tough. strong mix of 2-4D and Dicamba will kill it. Liberty(glufosinate) will kill it too, as long as it's not too big.

Switching from Roundup Ready beans to Liberty Link has certainly helped control pigweed for me but after a couple years, I think I need to go back to RR seed for a while to get a handle on the velvetleaf... It's always something. :rolleyes:

In beans- Liberty + ams & crop oil smoked it. On random burn down- same + 2,4-d = roasted. Im a firm believer in Liberty for cycles. SOLD. 3rd year it's been some part of my farming. Just blows away Roundup IMO. Sure- cycle is still good and it does have a few draw backs. I sprayed some velvetleaf over weekend with Liberty, ams & crop oil and it looks like a flame thrower hit it tonight. Beans look amazing. Pw & waterhemp met their match. Folded over like nothing. I'll pry run 3 years of it and then roundup again (and plenty of pre's which are the greatest thing ever) and fry all those buggers when they r smaller if able.

This is funny... pigweed has been the number one plant showing browse pressure on my farm the last few weeks! I have been riding around looking at the dozens of species that I have planted thinking it would have been much easier to just till some ground and let it go crazy lol

They do eat the heck out of it, no doubt! Problem is.... It's dead relatively soon (so pointless other than some summer browsing) and will leave behind millions of seeds. If I could have a little here and there, no worries. It's a rough battle if it covers a field though.

This is funny... pigweed has been the number one plant showing browse pressure on my farm the last few weeks! I have been riding around looking at the dozens of species that I have planted thinking it would have been much easier to just till some ground and let it go crazy lol

Have I got a deal for you. Come out to my place and you can have all you want. But if you pull one you have to pull them all. Then you can take them back to your farm and transplant them.

Lmao, with all our prevent plant this year.... I have plenty! It is nasty stuff... covered 100 miles in a couple of years!

Top Bottom