Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pioneer Powder?

Jethro

I was talking to a guy about various black powder items and he mentioned to me a new black powder product called American Pioneer Powder http://www.americanpioneerpowder.com/. I had not heard of it up until this and he was not too familiar with it either. Have any of you heard or experimented with this new product yet? The website claims that it is not necessary or recommended to clean your barrel between shots at all. Interesting information but i would like to see it.

I've heard of the powder your talking about....never used it. I use 777 FFFG in my Encore (...which only takes a spit patch to clean after each round). I have heard the claims about the Pioneer Powder's no-clean properties but don't know if they are founded in truth. I wouldn't mind buying a pound and giving it a try though.

Thanks for the info and website... I think I will have to give that powder a try. It would sure make sighting in a lot easier
grin.gif

I use it and it is fantastic!!! It is sold out most places you go right now. No more pyrodex for me! I shot 10 plus shots yesterday at he range and it was cleaner than if youwould have shot just one with pyrodex pellets. Great product!
waytogo.gif

It is being sold as a "black powder substitute". But the million dollar question is: Do state DNR's view it as a "black powder substitute"? At the Pioneer website they don't address this (at least from my limited viewing) but I guess it is a new enough product that this might be still in the works. Some states have a very narrow view of what black powder subsitutes are and list them by name. Pioneer hasn't made many lists yet, to my knowledge.
Edit is: The Iowa DNR regulations, as written, wouldn't have a problem with this powder.

Hadn't even thought of it as being illegal. Hope its not b/c everyone in my area is using it. I don't think its been addressed in our current regs (MN). Scopes aren't legal in MN, so I hope they don't take this powder away.

Man would i like to be able to scope up my muzzleloader!

Top Bottom