Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pleas Help

bplate

I was sitting in my stand Tuesday night and had some buck stop 200 proof scent on a key wick out in front of me. A couple does came by and they never got nervous or anything but they kinda got out of there quickly. I wear everything scentblocker so I know they didnt smell me but I wonder if a doe in heat scent is intimidating to other does and is that why they took off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">doe in heat scent will spook does in my experiences. </div></div>

That has been my experience too.

Don't put too much stock in the scentblocker...you still have to play the wind. IMO

I had some on my boots two weeks ago. A doe feed her way to where I had walked in and freaked (!!!), when she hit that trail. She ran off and then brought the young-sters back in an hour and raised some more ell with them watching.

I switched to coon urine then next day and have several deer cut my track without issue. They don't even take a second whiff.

Don't know if it is the estrous or the unknown/stranger in the hood, but it seems to set them off.

from my experience, the estrous will most assuredly spook does. think about it: youre a doe thats not in heat. do you want to be getting nosed around by every buck that comes through because he smells a doe thats in heat?

Why anyone would want the deer to be more aware that something is different is beyond me. I never use ANYTHING to draw attention to the area I'm in. Doe in heat scent is a definate disadvantage if you don't want THEM looking for you.

Also, assuming you have doe or buck urine in the bottle!?!? Who knows what's in that stuff.

Most "doe in heat" urine has snythetic doe in heat imitation smell. They are not the real thing, the real thing dissipates from the urine within minutes. Even those who collect their urine and quickly put it in glass containers and freeze it know that there is little to no estrus molecule left by the time it gets to the consumer. That's why synthetics have been developed. I kinda think the deer can tell the difference but I can't prove it.

Even if it were possible to bottle the real thing... just think how much would actually be available to the public and how much it would cost.

"I wear everything scentblocker so I know they didnt smell me"

Now that right there is funny.

Do this:

Carefully take your bottle of "doe-in-heat" lure and with rubber gloves on cautiously put it in a plastic Walmart bag and toss it in the garbage. Remove your gloves and place them back in your storage bag so you can use them for guttin deer later.

Top Bottom