Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PLEASE HELP!

Old Buck

Life Member
I'm putting a 'lost' box call in the turkey painting I'm working on and need help from those who use box calls. What brand of box call do you use?

Thanks,
Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Old Buck
I don't go to the woods without my Lynch box call in my vest. Its an awesome call!

i have an old Ben Lee box call. i had it signed by Ben himself at some outdoors show in waterloo when i was about 9 or 10. that was right before he died. pretty damn good call. i'll try to remember to post a pic of it.

Attachments

• 32264-Boxcall1.jpg
    32264-Boxcall1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 29
picture two. don't mind my wife's Pathophysiology book, since it cost about $200 i figured it could bless iowawhitetail.

Attachments

• 32266-Boxcall2.jpg
    32266-Boxcall2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 54
OTHER? OTHER? Anybody ever hear of Quaker Boy. Awe, One Cam, NOW I AM SAD!!! Needless to say put be down for "OTHER"
wink.gif

Old Buck, If you want to promote to turkey people and collectors,(including myself), might I suggest the old faithful GIBSON BOX or a tribute to Neil Costs' Legandary Boat Paddle box. Eberhart's Double Gobble has a Bill Harper hidden at the base of a tree. FYI.

No box call in my aresnal for turkeys. I use a slate and diaphram call as my only means of talking to them.

Thanks for all the input so far. This is shaping up like one of those decisions that no matter what I choose it won't be most people's first choice.

M350, better get on me not Onecam.
crazy.gif
I made the poll but am not smart enough to figure out how to post it so he helped me out.

If there was ever a guy that looked like he should be a callmaker it was Neil Cost. I have several boxes but the Lynch always finds a way into my gear. Scared I'm going to sit on the "good" ones.

Hey Muddy- I bet if you slammed that book shut real hard you could scare up a shock gobble- either that or show'em the price tag.
frown.gif

no kiddin pharmer...a $1300 bill just for books this semester. guess where my mule deer and hog hunt fund went???

Have a Neil Cost myself. Great call. Old Buck, You are kinda getting into the duck call debate. A ton of good ones out there and it becomes personal preference.
evil.gif

Old Buck--Have you ever thought about having a wing-bone call in one of your paintings. It would get away from the "brand name" of different box calls and would be more about a hunter being resourceful. Other than a mouth call, I use a homemade yelper. Just throwing in an idea. Oh, by the way, I also carry a QBoy boat paddle box call. Great for windy days.

Thanks for all the input. I like the wingbone idea-just wish I'd have had time to include one. I didn't put the name on the call but I think many will be able to recognize it. Just sent the original painting to the printer last Wednesday after adding one of the sheds from a very large SE Iowa buck. Any guesses on which buck that would be? We should have prints in the gallery for an open house the last half of November so shoot your monster bucks early!

Thanks again to all who helped with the painting in so many ways, shed antlers, call ideas, critiques at Central Iowa Archery, etc.

Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom