Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Plot ?

jjohnson

The landowner on one of the farms I hunt planted a cornfield up on a ridge in a secluded part of the farm pretty late this year and it's yet to see rain. He's convinced it's junk and planned fall sowing it. I think we've got him convinced not to and let us do whatever we want with it. Field is 11 acres. The corn is up but it's lucky if it's a foot tall and in pretty bad shape.

If the weather permits I'd like to get a couple acres of brassica's and turnips in front of our shooting shack and I guess just leave the rest corn for cover or whatever. Here's a picture of the field. Anybody got any other ideas? This could potentially be a huge draw come late season with high deer #'s and they've always loved this field no matter what was up there.

Mountain.jpg

If we're lucky enough to get some rainy weather, broadcasting winter wheat/rye will be the cheapest. You need pretty much the same conditions to germinate turnips/radishes as winter grain.

Yeah I'm pretty much just gonna wait for rain. The timing of it will dictate what I plant.

Top Bottom