Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Plots

Fulldrawhunter

On my last round of plots on my KS lease and am debating not spraying out there, just mowing tight, clearing the dead grass and tilling well. Am I asking for major weed issues doing this? I've always sprayed, but dont know that I have time for these ones....

On my last round of plots on my KS lease and am debating not spraying out there, just mowing tight, clearing the dead grass and tilling well. Am I asking for major weed issues doing this? I've always sprayed, but dont know that I have time for these ones....

It's important to spray ONLy when you are tilling under sod because the cool season grasses will come right back and cause havoc with any crops.

In a plot or filed that one has been working year after year however...spraying is not necessary because annual weeds (such as ragweed and pigweed) and grasses (such as foxtail) are going to come up regardless of how many times you spray!!

This time of year when the temps are warm and rainfall less, weeds are less of a problem so I never spray before hand (on soils I have tilled before) I till and plant....been working great for 40 years now...:way:

Top Bottom