Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poached Bucks on DNR website

B

Bowhunter18

Hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone else noticed the photo of the seized deer in the law enforcement section of the Iowa DNR website, if anyone has the story behind these deer i would be interested. It's sad to see big bucks dead at the hands of poachers.

hey i heard the one on the left was from boone,iowa south of the ledges shot with a 30-06 dont know if it help just what i was told....

i have pics of that deer on my trail cam unless he has a twin bother hat is eaxxtly alike never know bout genetics tho....

i would much rather see the guys who shot those deer, standing there in cuffs then that picture!nice face shot on the middle one,what was he standing, 20 yards of the road when mr. window hunter took his golden opportunity.what a disgrace!look at the date 11/17/03 that is when all the big boys have the does herded up along the road for everyone to see!the dnr has there hands full 90+ county's and 70+dnr officers alot of them are covering two county's that sucks.then when the missouri season starts on the 15 they send guys from northern county'sdown to help the southern guys out along the border.so some county's during the peak of the rut have no one.and from what i have heard 12+ of these officers are close to retirement and there spots will not be filled. my buddy was stopped this year at a place where he hunts and the officer told him he was in a very heavily poached area, he said he pulled a guy over the night before with 12 150+ heads in the back of is truck.he also had a 170+ buck in his truck that some one popped of the road and let lay. he also said kids in high school where going around in the morning before school and having contests who could shoot the biggest buck, they would shoot them in the morning then go back after school and see who won?how could a guy covering two county's even come close to covering all this crap in a two week period. they should deputise a bunch of people for this period, hell i do it for free!they are just stretched way to thin.I THINK THAT PICTURE SUCKS LETS SEE SOME GUYS IN CUFFS> seeya Tim

Your right on earthscratcher I'm with you all the way. I'd deputise you in a minute. I'd like to see a picture of these guys in cuffs and you standing next to them. I don't think you could use a gun though maybe a club!

I used to hunt a place in clayton cty by N. buena vista and one year we turkey hunted thier and my dad killed a good gobbler off the back of this guys farm. The farmer said the only reason that bird was still alive is because its the only place on his farm that wasn't within rifle range of the road!
We just sort of chuckled until we realized he was serious!!! He said during deer season the loclas regularily shot deeer off the paved roads on his place and came to get them later or left them lay. The guy had a great place to hunt but why bother when you have to compete with poacher trash and thier rifles. Thier was an article by Larry hoffman in outdoor Life about the illegal antler trade and it just doesn't seem worth it to get caught doing some of thes things when the only get 2000$ for a 160-70 inch deer. Legislature needs to raise fines to 10K per deer to make these slobs think twicw about getting caught. If the DNR needs the money so bad this seems to be a way of getting extra revenue to fill those warden spots!

WI Shedhead

Top Bottom