Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poachers Caught!!!

SouthernIowa

PMA Member
Last monday night my dad got a call from a neighbor saying there was two bucks in our bean field with there heads cut off. The next day i drove out to the field i have drove around many times this summer looking at bucks in this field. And sure enough 20 yards off the road there was two bucks laying 30 yards apart with there heads cut off.

I immediately called the local game warden. I was very impressed when he said someone had already called and he had already been out there and had taken tissue samples and pics of the scene. He asked me a few questions and he asked me to keep a look out for people driving around the farm. I was happy about the no nonsense aproach he took but wasnt very optimistic.

Fast forward to Friday morning. I was out filming a friends bow hunt when i got a call from the game warden. He informed me that he had caught them! It turns out that they had shot a lot more than those two bucks, including a 175in from across the road. Its a bitter sweet end but im very happy when he told me he wasnt going to go easy on these guys.

Thanks to the DNR for their work. I know here in southern iowa they have their work cut out for them!

Last edited:
Is this around the Milerton area? I was down there last weekend to put stands in and didn't see much. I start vacation tomorrow, so I hope they start moving.

Southern, where in Wayne? I hunt a piece just north of Promise City. Just wondering..

Top Bottom