Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poast Plus application rate?

I sure am glad I got rid of that crappy stuff. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Just kidding. I hope when I get back out I can see some results from my application.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure am glad I got rid of that crappy stuff. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

Glad to help. Oh, and be careful where you try to pass those $20's... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Actually I was doing some mowing today and stopped to look at the plot. Its only been a couple days but the grass was starting yellow a little. Maybe its not total junk...

great. I just bought 2.5 gallons of Poast. Where you guys when I was asking before /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

where the guys that were having bad results using crop oil additive? Also, how old was the stuff you were using w/ bad results? Was it ever allowed to freeze?

last question. we you mix the proper application rate into an ATV sprayer do you just take one pass or multiple? If multiple will it double the rate? With my round out, I just drive around until I'm out as I'm just killing

Kirch,

I just bought the Post I used and it was manufactured this year. Also I did use crop oil. I mixed the recommended rate for the acres I intended to spray and made two passes to get all the product on. I may get by in the next few days to see if the results still look poor or if a little more time shows better results. I'll follow up.

I've done a lot of weed spraying over the last month (mostly 2,4D on burdock, poison ivy, other invasive weeds around the farm). I was starting to wonder if the old spray I used was any good, then the rain came last week. Boy, did things turn brown after the rain! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Check your fields. You might have got a better kill than you thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....you mix the proper application rate into an ATV sprayer do you just take one pass or multiple? If multiple will it double the rate? With my round out, I just drive around until I'm out as I'm just killing </div></div>

Your variable is the speed that you cover the ground (how fast your drive). Ideally you would drive the correct speed to spray all the product on in a single pass. By making multiple passes at a faster speed with the same concentration of product you are just getting the right amount on the acres.

The problem would be if you drove too slow and ran out of mix before you had all the ground coverd assuming you mixed enough to cover all the acres. Then you would be putting it on heaveir than you should be. That is the only way I can see that you would increase the rate of product/acre.

At least that is the way I reasoned it out.

The 'Bonker

Just a little update on the Poast Plus for those who wondered how it worked.
I ended up with about a 50% kill I would say, the other half is stunned and hasnt grown since but hasnt died either. It's stuck in a half green half brown state. On the plus side, there is none of the small foxtail in the plot, and there is plenty just outside the area I sprayed, so it must have toasted that at least. I need to mow again so I'll re-evaluate the need to spray again after that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a little update on the Poast Plus for those who wondered how it worked.
I ended up with about a 50% kill I would say, the other half is stunned and hasnt grown since but hasnt died either. It's stuck in a half green half brown state. </div></div>

I think others have reported like kind results...I'd sure like to see someone on this forum compare Poast Plus and Select side by side.

From what I hear the results might be surprising...

Top Bottom