Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

pointers

hawkman52302

I'm just starting to bow hunt at 24 years old. I've always wanted to hunt just never had the time, money, or someone to teach me the ins and outs. So I was wondering if there were any words of advice, speacial equipment people like, or any tricks that people know ok such as what deer to shoot what not to shoot, how to tell if a deer is ready to shoot or not. just any and all input. I bought a mathews SQ2 and had an archery shop set it up just for me to fit me and it shoots great and i'm fairly accurate, now i just need to hunt.

When I decide what to shoot and what not to shoot, I use a pretty basic method : if the deer I'm considering shooting makes my heart jump out of my chest, ill take it, because that's what its all about.. if you're looking for strictly shooting monsters and have a lot of land to hunt and manage then any good hunting video will help you train your eye to picking out mature deer... ln the life of bowhunting, practice doesn't necessarily make perfect... you'll learn something new everyday, so all you can do is get out there and experience it first hand and you'll naturally figure what to do and what not to do.... that's part of the fun

Forget about waiting for the right deer to shoot. Take the first mature deer you have the chance to shoot. Actual hunting situations are extremely different than shooting at the range or your back yard. After you have a few deer under your belt; you can start thinking about making the sport more challenging. You might be suprised at how difficult it can be to shoot a mature doe!

1st, search all the threads on IWT for any topic you want information on. There's a ton of advice from some pretty smart and successful hunters here. After that, my best in the field advice would be to focus on hunting and shooting does. IMO, if you can outsmart mature does consistantly, your most of the way there for bucks.

Top Bottom