Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poison Ivy

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
Just wondering if Poison Ivy is still active in these dry conditions. I'm pretty much a magnet for the stuff and thought maybe with it being so dry it might not be as alive as it normally is this time of year..

All I can say is -this is the first year that I have not gotten either poision Ivy or Oak, in the past 4 years, and this time of year, and most of the time, While I am out daily trucking threw the wood's I am in short's, tanktop - and always wearing a pair of rubber boots So far so good-wink

I was checking cams yesterday and it was all over. I'm lucky if I do get it its a minor deal. The Ivy I was in still looked very healthy.

Probably exists in more shaded conditions & will likely deal with the heat ok SO I'd still keep a look out for sure

Crud, was kinda hoping it would be dormant like my lawn. Oh well, looks like long sleeves, jeans, rubber boots, and gloves for me this weekend. On the bright side I may lose 5-10 pounds while hanging cams and doing some light trimming on the usual spots.

Thanks for the info.

Just about done with a recent bout contracted the Sunday after the 4th. The blisters are pretty much dried out but this was my worst case so far. I got really careless and was more concerned about heat than proper coverage so I got what I deserved in my case.

Man I hate that stuff. Gets me all the time. I've seen it out in full force aa well.

Just a tip, but I am extremely allergic to poison ivy. Once I get it i have to go on a steroid dose pack to fight it off. This year I have been putting on Technu right after coming out of the woods just before taking a shower. This is the first year summer that I have not had poising ivy since i was in middle school. It is sold at most all drug stores or walmarts.

http://www.amazon.com/Tecnu-Skin-Cleanser-32-Ounce/dp/B000ZK3V7E

Doesnt matter what the weather is like. You can get poison ivy at any time of the year. Trust me, I have had it in about every month of the year. From Winter to summer and everything in between. I currently have some. So no, the dry weather has no effect on activity.

Another shout out for technu. That's what we get issued on wildfire crews. Hard to beat it for relief from poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac.

Doesnt matter what the weather is like. You can get poison ivy at any time of the year. Trust me, I have had it in about every month of the year. From Winter to summer and everything in between. I currently have some. So no, the dry weather has no effect on activity.

x2...crap tears me up. Just got in from hangin a camera and it was everywhere...checked one tree stand and the ivy was in full force growing all over it. :thrwrck:

Top Bottom