Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poll: how many would shoot a lion vs let it walk?

Lion: shoot vs walk

• Shoot

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Let him walk

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
I own livestock and pets, but would let it walk. I have mixed emotions on shooting one but other members of the house say definite no, so there I go.

Shoot, mainly because I hunt within a couple miles of my home. If it's that close to home, then it's too close to my 3 kids for comfort.

I'd shoot for sure...
- I'd love the mount and meat!!!
- I'd shoot one when I'm elk hunting in Idaho, where the Idaho elk tag is good for predators. So basically I'd shoot one wherever it was legal even if it was not my main quarry.
- It would not hurt their population because there is no breeding/sustainable population in Iowa anyway, per the DNR...OR...If the DNR is wrong, I don't want a breeding population here anyway. I'm not afraid of them, I just don't want any more competition for deer. Maybe selfish of me but just being honest.

If you gave me the choice between a B&C deer and a mountain lion I'd take the mountain lion.

This is like thinking about what I will do with my lotto winnings though. Fun to think about but not gonna happen :(

Why would you not shoot? It's not like there will ever be an established population in Iowa. I also like the fact that I can go to my treestand or turkey spot in the pitch black and not worry about getting stalked.

I wouldn't even think twice. Shoot.

Don't need those things in Iowa. Pretty. Majestic. Whatever... we don't need them here. If you love deer, you shoot.

Definitely shoot! There's no way I'd be able to walk out afterwards or back in when it's dark without feeling him right behind me ready to pounce on me every step lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Shoot no doubt!! But I’d probably be in such awe and get cat fever and let it walk till it gets out of range then say shoulda coulda….

Without a doubt I would shoot one. I keep hoping to see one sometime but that will probably never happen, if I take pictures or videos it will be after it is dead.

Shoot...then get some serious help to track it. So serious that I would probably stay in the truck and be ready to honk the horn or something if it charged.

Top Bottom