Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

poor battery life solution

W

weyesone

I think I have come up to a good solution for poor battery life on my Stealth Cam digital. The camera came designed to take only 6 AA batteries. The battery life was only 3 - 4 days which I think is horrible. I decided to build a battery holder that would take 6 D cells. From what I have read a D cell has about 6 times the life of a AA. Anyway, it seems to be working. I made the thing out of PVC pipe and modeled it after a flashlight. If anybody wants to know more let me know.

I thought mine with 8-AA batteries every 21 days was bad. 3-4 days is horrible!

Note to self: Don't buy one of those cameras. (I've commited myself to get one of Vmans digital cameras for my next camera!)

Keep us updated on your modification. Is the holder externally mounted separate from the camera?

I have built quite a few cams now and the battery life of digitals Vman and I built (same board and cameras used) far exceeds the battery life of the stealth both board and camera.....one 9 volt and two AA batteries (rechargeable).

Yeah, I cut a piece of 1 1/4" pvc pipe and capped both ends. I mounted bolts through the ends to serve as my battery posts and ran about a 4' wire to the camera. Granted this sounds like a lot of trouble but I found the camera on sale at Gander Mt. in Cedar Rapids for $189. It does take nice pics.

weyesone good thinking remember that digitals BURN batterys quick!! My cuddy has been working good!!

Top Bottom