Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pop Up Blind Regulation Question

YoopHunter

Visitor from The North
Does anyone know if a pop up blind can be left out on Iowa public land overnight during the deer hunting season?

Looking over the Iowa DNR hunting regs, I don't see this directly addressed. I see where you can leave your treestand out during the season, but nothing about pop up blinds.

Thanks in advance....

Make sure you have 1ft squared orange markers on the blind. Even a pop-up blind has to have them I believe (unless you're bow hunting)

I'm pretty sure you are only required to have the orange during sg1 and sg2. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea on public at other times, but wouldn't be required.

If you leave a pop up blind over night on public land I wouldn't expect it to be there in the morning.

Thanks for the help, guys. Using a blind is one of the options I plan to have, along with a treestand and just brushing in a comfortable sitting position with a good view

I'm pretty sure you are only required to have the orange during sg1 and sg2. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea on public at other times, but wouldn't be required.

I'm hunting late muzzleloader so my understanding is that orange is not required. That's good advice though - I'll probably have some orange on it at least when I'm in there hunting

If you leave a pop up blind over night on public land I wouldn't expect it to be there in the morning.

In January? I guess anything can happen but that would surprise me....

I'm hunting late muzzleloader so my understanding is that orange is not required. That's good advice though - I'll probably have some orange on it at least when I'm in there hunting

Hunting late muzzy, you MUST wear orange even though the blind you are in doesn't need to have it on the outside. That is the law even if it makes little sense. :confused:

Top Bottom