Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Post election gun ban alert

when my dog knows right from wrong, and still does wrong, she gets a smack.

there is a difference between corrective discipline (negative reinforcement) and a beating

If you've read the news, you know that there's been a run on gun sales before Obama takes office. In fact, the Ames Trib had a page one story today talking to the folks at JAX who can't keep guns in stock.

Ames Tribune article

I've wondered how much money the firearm manufacturers have taken in because of the paranoia being fueled by the NRA and how much of those sales, in an otherwise broken economy, is being kicked back to the NRA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Avidhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Parents.....

Spank your kids.....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Do you hit your dog too? There's a difference between discipline and simply spanking your kids. Not that I'm against spanking, and I don't believe for a second that the government should be able to intervene and outlaw it - as some states have proposed - just that I think a lot of people vent their anger when they hit their kids, and don't use "spanking" appropriately... like I said above, do you hit your dog when it does something you don't like? or do you choose to reinforce positive behaviors instead? </div></div>

Just like you to take something totally out of context. The subject shifted to disciplining their children, so Thomas made somewhat of a joke about spanking their kids, and then you turn it around to make it sound like people just want to beat children and dogs to vent anger. I bet you were one of the people who came up with the idea of a "time out". That is what is used in our school system today, and you can see how well that works out.

I just don't get your way of thinking. Most of your thoughts and comments are better fitted for a California Libral hippy. Maybe you agree on most of there issue's.

I think this website needs some kind of steering commitee, but if there ever was, Avidhunter would probably be appointed to it, and still make the comments on a HUNTING message board to fire up everyone. But thats the great thing about America (or whats left of it), you can voice your opinion, even though it will more than likely make a few mad. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Lets see, bash the NRA, cause we all know that they don't do any good at all, their just there to take money for nothing. While I may not agree with how they handle things, they are still there to keep our rights. Its kind of like the IBA, I don't agree with every stance they take, but I do agree with what they are trying to accomplish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threebeards</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you've read the news, you know that there's been a run on gun sales before Obama takes office. In fact, the Ames Trib had a page one story today talking to the folks at JAX who can't keep guns in stock.

Ames Tribune article

I've wondered how much money the firearm manufacturers have taken in because of the paranoia being fueled by the NRA and how much of those sales, in an otherwise broken economy, is being kicked back to the NRA.

</div></div>
I'm going to buy a gun and I'm not a NRA member. Haven't even listened to them. But with the talk of some of so called hunters on here lately I'm going to join.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Avid......
whaat.gif

you just reminded me why i use the ignore button with you....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Dismount!!!!

blahblah.gif
</div></div>
Thank you Thomas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But thats the great thing about America (or whats left of it), you can voice your opinion, even though it will more than likely <s> make a few mad</s> expose you for who you are.
</div></div>

Disclaimer: My words, not Nanny's.

The NRA may be fighting for our Second Amendment rights, but I want to say something about "Obama's Third Attack" at the beginning of this thread.
I hate breaking the news, but the NRA is not the reason John Thune beat incumbent Tom Daschle in South Dakota....gun control wasn't an issue.
The main focus that year was abortion and "family values". Negative vs. positive campaigning ads (on both sides)had a large affect on the results.
In fact, I don't remember ever hearing the issue of gun control even discussed.

If you saw statistical evidence demonstrating that a significantly greater proportion of criminals were spanked as children, compared to those that were not spanked, would you change your mind? Just curious. I'm not even saying that such evidence exists, I'm just wondering if you would modify your behavior if it did. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Avidhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you saw statistical evidence demonstrating that a significantly greater proportion of criminals were spanked as children, compared to those that were not spanked, would you change your mind? Just curious. I'm not even saying that such evidence exists, I'm just wondering if you would modify your behavior if it did. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
</div></div>

Depends. Like any study I'd wanna know who funded it and who conducted it. Is their null hypothesis "spanking is bad" or "spanking is good"? How would "spanking" be defined? A real beat down by a drunken parent or ten swats by a calm parent?

I'm sure there is some sort of "research" out there that supports it eiher way. Depends on what the researcher is trying to prove and probably how much they were spanked by as a child.

The 'Bonker

how about we just stay on topic, instead of rationalizing made up hypothetical situations? we are going down a path with no point, and no purpose

Top Bottom