Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Powerplant ideas

jmm46

I just got the new whitetail news from Imperial Whitetail, they had an article about them being completely sold out of Powerplant last year. Just curious if anyone has been able create the "generic brand" of Power plant, ie. same seed without the deer picture on bag thrippling the price...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmm46</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got the new whitetail news from Imperial Whitetail, they had an article about them being completely sold out of Powerplant last year. Just curious if anyone has been able create the "generic brand" of Power plant, ie. same seed without the deer picture on bag thrippling the price... </div></div>

Here's what's in it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> sorghum and sunflowers along with heavy doses of beans and peas</div></div>

You can buy all of that at Welter seed and save yourself a lot of money!

Personally I would skip the sunflowers... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Milo/Soybean Mix

Field peas

Sunflowers

You can also find the vining soybeans (Quail Haven)if you prefer the vining type...

Quail Haven

I bought all of those from Welters last year and the plot turned out great! The deer really loved that stuff all summer and early october, it just didn't attract late season, which is why I'm not doing it again this year.

This is called the Powerstation mix, don't want to get any copyright infringements
Try this mix. Grows well, tons of forage, deer love it.
Homebrew Power-Station

24 lbs Soybeans - Group 4 - 5 OR EAGLE Seed
10 lbs Clay Peas - Iron Clay Peas
8 lbs Buckwheat
4 lbs Sorghum - Milo or Wildlife Sorghum
4 lbs Sunflower - Peredovic
1 Pack DeltAg Grow Coat

deerslayer,
Did you drill your soy/milo mix? Or will broadcasting it work?

We lightly disced it in and then cultipacked it. Beans and peas came up great but the plot was only about a acre in size and the deer had them decimated by hunting season. The sorghum got hit really late in the season.

Like Paul said I would avoid the sunflowers. They did however attract a nice population of pheasants and wild turkeys.

Top Bottom