Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pranks, gotta love'em

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
So, who doesn't love a good practical joke from time to time, right? Lol. It seems that each fall when I'm bow hunting with friends, a few get pranks get pulled on one another. For instance, on November 4th last year Blake was behind the camera. He said to me, 'Big buck behind you, grab your bow!' I slowly stood up, grabbed my bow, and began to turn around.....only to see Blake laughing. Ok, joke was on me, but payback was in the near future.

On the morning of November 7th, Blake shot his buck. We were in the early stages of tracking him when I decided it was time for me to 'payback' Lefler. Here is a link to the video where you can watch the prank unfold. Lol. I'm sure many of you have some 'pranking' stories of your own. Feel free to share! :way:
http://trophypursuit.com/chris/

Lol that was pretty good. I have a buddy I use to go shed hunting with quite a bit and he would always go "OH!" and point and get me all excited thinking he spotted a big shed....it got old quick, but got me everytime.

We shed hunted a big property in NE Iowa about 6-7 years ago or so and without us knowing the owner went and put a pile of big sheds in an area he knew one of us would come across them and never said anything one of the guys found them and was not to happy about fining out it was a prank. The funny thing is the land owner put a sign beside them that said shedding area and the sign blew away. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.....:D

Another I pulled on Ghost (Old timer from the site) I was working in the area he lives and stayed over with him. We had a bunch of cool ones that night and did a little shed hunting. the next morning we had to get up early and head our different ways to work I was out of the house last and went and put a shed I found a couple nights before in his yard where I knew he would see it when he got home from work. The problem was the kids rode the bus home from school and found it first and they left it lay waiting for dad. When he came home they all stood around had a look thought how cool it was and picked it up. When he turned it over he found in red sharpie "Got Ya CI" and then gave me a thrashing over the phone! We or I mean I laughed about it for a long time.

We could go on for a long time but best around a camp fire!

Got a buddy of mine many years ago. We planned on meeting at a specific time on a ridge between us. As I slowly closed in on his location and saw him coming down with his Loggy climber and decided to give a little deer snort to see what he would do. I could read his lips as he said shit....shit... and frantically grabbed is bow rope and pulled it back up. After he had a few heart pounding minutes and his bow back in hand I rolled out from behind a tree laughing my butt off. Needless to say he had a few choice words for me.....

Hunted a farm where I literally accessed my stands through a cemetery. Brought a buddy along a couple nights who was a little uneasy walking through a cemetery at night. I got down early from stand and luckily he waited until pitch black to walk out.

I may have surprised him from behind a tombstone. I thought he was going to deck me! Good times!

Had a deputy sherrif take some deer droppings and cover them in chocolate and put them on his desk and the next guy eating them had a green slime coming out the side of his mouth,he also took some buck urine and injected them in chocolate coverd cherries.Most of the fall guys were highway patrolmen that happened to stop in to chat.

Central Iowa has pulled more than the two he shared, I know because I was the victim of one. I am a scent freak and go to extreme measures to make sure I am odorless on the stand. I was hunting with Central Iowa and Onecam and laid all my stuff out on the ground beside the truck to get dressed, including my backpack that I had just washed. Central Iowa and Onecam began giggling like little girls. The more I questioned why they were laughing the harder they laughed. I finished dressing and we began walking into the timber but the laughter continued in waves until they finally told me that they had just peed on the ground where I had laid my pack and clothes. Instead of telling me to quickly move my stuff they just laughed and let the urine really soak in! Jerks!:mad: I wasn't very happy and gave Central Iowa a name that is not pollitically correct enough to share here.:D

I once hid under a buddy's truck and waited for him to walk out of the timber after dark. When I heard his bow touch the bed of his truck I grabbed his ankles and snarled like an animal. His screem echoed through the entire river bottom and was followed by laughter from under the truck. I would have loved to have had a vido camera set up to record it.:grin:

Great idea for thread Sureshot!:way:

Where to start?? :D I think one of the best parts of hunting is pranking your fellow hunters! :D

My most recent good one involved my 17 year old son who is a real nut when it comes to looking for sheds. I don't think we have any leftovers on our farm once he gets done walking the place, multiple times, each year. A close neighbor to us also is an avid shed hunter and we usually compare sheds throughout the spring as it is not uncommon for us to find antlers from bucks that each of us has seen or even matching sides to the same buck in the same year.

Well late this spring I knew my neighbor had found a huge 5 point shed while driving home from work one night. He spotted it in the ditch, believe it or not, stopped the truck and grabbed it right by the road. I knew he had it, but my son did not, so....my neighbor and I conspired against my son and made a plan to stage this shed so my son would "find" it. hahahahaha :D

One night this spring when we were on our way to our farm I called my neighbor and gave him the high sign, he then jumped on his ATV and dropped the big shed right in front of one of our trail cams. (My son always heads out right away when we get to the farm to check cams.) So the trap was set when we arrived about 30 minutes later.

My son went to check the cams and came back right away with the big shed AND a HUGE smile. Thank God our 4 wheeler only goes about 30 MPH or the kid would have probably wiped himself out in the mad dash back to show me his big find! (Whoops, now I felt kind of bad, but I still went with it. I had to, it was prank! :D) We of course went to show our neighbor this big find right away and he played along with it super and said that this buck was "his" buck since he saw him during the hunting season, etc. and proceeded to take the shed and put it in his house.

The look on my son's face was priceless, if you are a mean dad like I am that is :D, and it took him a few minutes to work up the courage to ask for his shed back...at which point I couldn't take it any more and spilled the beans on the big setup. To his credit, he took the disappointing news very well and only slugged me a few times! :D

Good subject!!

Too funny, thanks for sharing. As others have said that is one of the best parts of having a good friend or two to share the hunting season with. For quite some time a couple of us have wanted to get a bigfoot costume and walk in front of one other friends trail cam just to freek him out, haven't pulled it off yet..

Central Iowa has pulled more than the two he shared, I know because I was the victim of one. I am a scent freak and go to extreme measures to make sure I am odorless on the stand. I was hunting with Central Iowa and Onecam and laid all my stuff out on the ground beside the truck to get dressed, including my backpack that I had just washed. Central Iowa and Onecam began giggling like little girls. The more I questioned why they were laughing the harder they laughed. I finished dressing and we began walking into the timber but the laughter continued in waves until they finally told me that they had just peed on the ground where I had laid my pack and clothes. Instead of telling me to quickly move my stuff they just laughed and let the urine really soak in! Jerks!:mad: I wasn't very happy and gave Central Iowa a name that is not pollitically correct enough to share here.:D

Hopefully by now I'm laughing with you, in fact I'm I'm crying... By the way my pee attracts deer so all was good. ;)

Hopefully by now I'm laughing with you, in fact I'm I'm crying... By the way my pee attracts deer so all was good. ;)

Oh ya Travis, you've long since been forgiven.:way: Although,I don't believe that you have experienced the pay back yet!:eek::D

Top Bottom