Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Prayers for those in Connecticut

My heart also goes out to everyone impacted by this terrible event. There will be time later to discuss gun laws, politics, etc, but today is too soon IMO.

As a parent myself I cannot even fathom the horror of finding out your innocent 1st grade child was murdered...at school, of all places. Truly heartbreaking. Many prayers to everyone there in CT.

Such a tragedy. I don't even really know what to say. Prayers for everyone involved. It really hits home since I have a little one at home and my wife is a preschool teacher. School is supposed to be a safe haven. For a lot of kids that my wife has teached over the years school is the safest place they are at in a given day. Many broken homes, drug addicts, kids getting abused. Just a sad deal. Arming principles, managers, security guards etc will do nothing but put fear in kids eyes to even go to schools. I guess if they did I would prefer concealed carry when nobody had a clue, not even the parents.

It shouldn't have to be this way. Many thoughts and prayers heading that way.

Concealed carry is a great thing...needs to be more of us! All of us..all the time!

Very confused right now. I'm not sure there are any answers. We can't keep drunks off the road. Can't keep guns away from the wrong people. Bullys are everywhere. Killers are gonna kill. Oklahoma City a BOMB explodes.....no guns. People strap bombs to themselves & drive cars into places with bombs in the cars. I do not have any answers but making new laws will not keep people from killing in the future. I will say this though.
I can pray.

Very confused right now. I'm not sure there are any answers. We can't keep drunks off the road. Can't keep guns away from the wrong people. Bullys are everywhere. Killers are gonna kill. Oklahoma City a BOMB explodes.....no guns. People strap bombs to themselves & drive cars into places with bombs in the cars. I do not have any answers but making new laws will not keep people from killing in the future. I will say this though.
I can pray.

Amen brother!!

We took a tough hit here. I have friends (fellow Officers) that are still on scene. They will never be the same.

We took a tough hit here. I have friends (fellow Officers) that are still on scene. They will never be the same.

I've been praying for the responders as well. Sometimes it is easy to forget those who respond, help, and are left with the visions and emotions that don't go away. This will be a tough road for them as well, I know.

Waterboy, to your friends who voluntarily run into what most of society runs away from, a heart felt thank you!

I've been praying for the responders as well. Sometimes it is easy to forget those who respond, help, and are left with the visions and emotions that don't go away. This will be a tough road for them as well, I know.

Waterboy, to your friends who voluntarily run into what most of society runs away from, a heart felt thank you!
I second what bowman said. My heart goes out to the families of both the victims and the survivors. The survivors and the first responders will be needing our prayers just as much after what they have witnessed. Have been at a loss of words since hearing the news.

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims, the families of the culprit and all involved. I couldn't imagine being family on either end of this.

If you have armed guards in every school in America it's not going to matter. These seriously sick individuals are going to find a way to create a deadly impact on society(theme parks, public pools, church's, sporting events ect....). It is very sad that this is the trend in America today. It is also very sad that when something like this happens the main story, and mourning is drowned out by discussion of gun control. That's all we are hearing about on the tv, the news, and the radio. As many on this site I own a lot of guns and not one of them has ever killed someone, but in times like this America is looking for someone to blame. Here's an idea how about we blame the sick individual that one day decided his life was so bad he was going to take a gun into an elementary school and kill innocent adults and kids. I don't have have the answer on what the nation should do to prevent these things from happening and sadly I don't think the nation has one either, but I do strongly believe if you took guns away the only people that will have them are the ones you were trying to keep them away from in the first place. I also think about the effect on economy if they were to take guns. It's just a sad, sad day for our country!

Top Bottom