Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Predator Camo

jhertel

PMA Member
I was just wondering what pattern you guys have? I'm looking into it for next fall and trying to decide which will be best. Thinking brown deception or fall gray but more then likely bd. Thanks

I use fall grey, brown deception, and snow. All work great. I would use brown deception until all the leaves fall. then switch to fall grey, and once the snow flies I use either fall grey or snow depending on the amount of snow, where I'll be hunting and what my backcover is going to be. If you have to pick only one pattern I would go with fall grey for my hunting conditions in Iowa, you will have to decide for yourself the one that will work the best for your personal hunting conditions. I wear deception brown out west elk hunting. You can't go wrong with predator camo in my opinion.

The spring green is awesome for most of October as well. I can think of at least 7 other guys on here that use Fall Gray and 2 that use brown deception.

I cant emphasize how well the predator works. I have always used deception brown, and added fall gray fleece this year. Last year was a typical experience of how well this camo works. I had this buck bedded down about 10' from the base of my tree, and he was just watching a dominant buck chasing off bucks from his doe. I was watching all of this with binos, taking pics with my camera , and got a little to relaxed with this guy below. He all of a sudden looked right at me because I was glassing and moving a little to cocky. He never stood up, just stared at my binos and I just froze. He tried and tried to figure out what he had seen, but he just couldn't. He went back to relaxed and he never looked back up again. The pattern even fools a turkeys eyes, as evident with this turkey/deer double.
beddedbuckarrow3.jpg

Look at my arrow in the pic and how close this buck is.

double1ic4myspace.jpg

beddedbuck1.jpg

another bedded buck that couldn't make me out

I set up in this scrawny pinoak and the predator even fooled this guy. I am not over 8' up in this little tree
pinoak3-1.jpg

pinoakbuck13.jpg

pinoakbuck14.jpg

pinoakbuck11.jpg

pinoakbuck8.jpg

pinoakbuck3.jpg

Im trying it out this fall.

I went with the D brown. I just figured it would be move versatile. I plan to add more Predator camo patterns.

I know that Gray Wolf Woolens is a IW sponsor. Anyone tried out their Northwoods line of fleece ?? Does this line have the lifetime guarantee also ?? Looks to have a heavy fleece material combined with a wind barrier layer. I know many of you have the custom tailored garments - Outfitters line but I am too much of a tight a$$ for that. :rolleyes:

If I get any Predator my thought was to get the Fall Grey as it would be a decent pattern for late season as well as treestand hunting the rut. I could wear some of my Realtree in early fall when the foilage is still fairly thick. My current Snow Camo is about 25 years old and is a hand-me-down. Works decent and the deer look right through me but the fabric is so old it tears rather easily anymore.

Last edited:
I know that Gray Wolf Woolens is a IW sponsor. Anyone tried out their Northwoods line of fleece ?? Does this line have the lifetime guarantee also ?? Looks to have a heavy fleece material combined with a wind barrier layer. I know many of you have the custom tailored garments - Outfitters line but I am too much of a tight a$$ for that. :rolleyes:

If I get any Predator my thought was to get the Fall Grey as it would be a decent pattern for late season as well as treestand hunting the rut. I could wear some of my Realtree in early fall when the foilage is still fairly thick. My current Snow Camo is about 25 years old and is a hand-me-down. Works decent and the deer look right through me but the fabric is so old it tears rather easily anymore.

The fleece is rather new isn't it?

It's like a piece of you dies when well broken in clothing finally succumbs to time and hard use.

I was just wondering what pattern you guys have? I'm looking into it for next fall and trying to decide which will be best. Thinking brown deception or fall gray but more then likely bd. Thanks

I've been going through the very same dilemma. I'm leaning toward BD because much of the Fall Gray I've seen has a HUGE amount of white in it, almost to the point it could be snow camo. At the same time though, other garments have a lot less white and I love the look of it. Just wish there was more consistency or I could find a place where I could pick the exact clothes I'd get in person. I really wish they still sold Fall Brown which I think was the perfect combo of light to dark shades. The only place that seems to still sell it is Gray Wolf and it's too rich for my blood.

So now my question is for you guys what did you go with for how heavy of clothing and did you go grey wolf or do u go straight to predator? Looking for some ideas and why you chose that.

I got Gray Wolf stuff, best investment I've ever made. The stuff you buy off Predators website will likely fade out horribly. As far as fall grey being white I would agree, but when I look up into trees without leaves with the sky behind them I see a lot of "white" areas. FG blends in great, especially after those leaves come down.

FG or Deception work well in about all situations really. I chose the Gray Wolf Stuff with only the comfort max lining and just layer as needed. The insulated stuff is too warm for most hunting I do.

As far as fall grey being white I would agree, but when I look up into trees without leaves with the sky behind them I see a lot of "white" areas. FG blends in great, especially after those leaves come down.

I've heard you say that enough times I finally bought into it Muddy. Just bought some 6 pocket pants, fleece pants, a parka and fleece jacket all in fall gray. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it cuz it seems to give the best variation in pattern which I think may equal dimensional breakup. In any case, I'll have fun drinking my Hamms b/c that's all I can afford now. :D

Anyone else have any input on what clothing line to get? I'm thinking Grey Wolf so just curious what line is best for bowhunting in the fall? Thanks

Got my Predator 380 gram fleece jacket and pants (Fall Gray) a couple weeks ago. Jacket feels like it is going to work in most rut temps from mid-Oct on and probably late season also with the right layering system. The pants are also pretty heavy. I am still concerned about fleece pants regarding burrs, etc. but am going to pick up a pair of six-pocket pants from Predator also for most of the rut and will only wear the 380 gram fleece pants during extremely cold hunts or during late season. Time will tell but the garments seem to be pretty good quality upon my initial review.

Overall, pretty happy with the set for just under $200.

picture.php

Last edited:
Anyone else have any input on what clothing line to get? I'm thinking Grey Wolf so just curious what line is best for bowhunting in the fall? Thanks

I've owned both and am currently using the Predator warp knit insulated jacket and bibs. It's warm enough to handle almost all conditions. Late muzzy gets chilly no matter what you do.

If you can afford it. The Grey Wolf stuff is the best hands down. Money got tight a few yrs ago so I sold the grey wolf and the following fall purchased the predator. I don't regret it but you can just tell the grey wolf stuff is built extremely well. Would last a lifetime if taken care of.

I have owned both brown deception and fall gray. I'm a fall gray guy. It flat out works.

Where do most of you guys get your fall gray camo....cabelas has deception and the predator website is about the only other place I know that I can get it but they have like 10.00 shipping. Any other places? Thanks

Top Bottom